Farewell

"Guess you'll get a break from carrying me around." Sonic said.

They were on the rooftop enjoying a snack.

"I never get tired of carrying you around. It's how our friendship started!" Tails smiled, stuffing another peppermint into his mouth.

They spotted Shadow walking to base.

"Hey Tails, watch this. He's gonna say: 'Planning on jumping? Do a flip.' " Sonic mocked with his hand.

"Hey Sonic! You planning on jumping? Do a flip!" Shadow called from below.

Sonic and Tails burst to laughter.

"What's so funny?" He mumbled to himself as he entered.

"He's gonna rob the fridge." Sonic chuckled, biting into his chilli dog.

"Guess some things never change!" Tails layed onto the roof, looking at the fluffy white clouds.

"You still planning on leaving?" Asked Sonic.

"Until my arm heals." Tails answered.

"Aw come on! Why can't you stay!! We just got back from this crazy time travle non-sense." Sonic moaned.

"I gotta figure things out on my own. Being a robot is still freaking me out!!" Tails Sat up.

"If you ever needed help, you can always come back home." Sonic smiled.

"Yeah! I know you'll be waiting." Tails agreed.

"Come here!" Sonic grabbed Tails, and rubbed his head.

"Stop! My fur is all messed up now!" Tails laughed.

"We still have some time to enjoy before you go, so how about we do something special?" Sonic suggested.

"I think we already are doing something special. It's been a while since we talked like that, don't you think?" Tails sighed.

"Yeah. It has." Sonic sighed calmly.

They silently watched the sun set from the roof. The clouds were like orange fluffy cottons floating in a pinkish blue sky.

They stayed till the stars began to shine.

"Hey, I have an idea." Tails beamed.
"Look at that super shiny star over there! When I'm away, we both look at that exact star at this time. It's like we are doing this together."

"It's like we're both watching the stars together." Sonic agreed.

"Seems like Sonic really had a hard time in the future. He never told us what happened, but only had this horrified face when he remembers it." Amy sighed watching them from afar.

"Yeah, he seems too attached to Tails. It used to be the opposite." Rouge agreed.

She was on a visit.

"Yeah, at least they look like they are having fun." Amy smiled, a little jealous.

"How about I fly you up there?" Rouge offered.

"No. Let the boys have their time." Amy walked away.

For the next two weeks, Sonic and Tails never left each other's side.

They had a little tour around the places they knew to bring up all the nice memories they had together.

"Hold on SONIC !!" Tails yelled.

"What is it?" Sonic turned around.

"This is it! This is the place we first met! I was walking here, the bullies came jumping from the bush, and you zoomed by from here." Tails trailed the line of his memories.