Ch.8) Drowning

- Message from the author:

Hello and thank you to all my readers. Just wanted to let you guys know that this is one of my favorite chapters and is really an interesting part of the novel. There is more interaction with the characters, and this chapter is just soooo cute. Hope you like this chapter as much as I do and stay tuned for updates!

Jeff's Point of View:

I was sitting there as usual, just listening to Andrea move her lips and gossip as her fake friends stood around. At lunch, Andrea liked to feed me, and showed me off like some sort of trophy. I dont know why I was even in our relationship anymore; her personality wasnt kind, and we barely hung out; but there was a whole bunch of making out. I was contemplating whether or not I should break up with her, but I wasn't a heartbreaker, I didnt like guys who hurt girls. I felt like I was stuck.

"Are you coming out to the water polo meet today to support me? It's at Peake Lake." I said as Andrea kissed my cheek.

"Maybe" she said as she continued to kiss my lips.

Then, Eli and Stephanie walked by. It was awkward, Andrea was sitting on my lap and Eli just glared at me. I mean I get how he might dislike me for dating his sister, but I knew he was still pissed at me for becoming the captain of the water polo team; he quit after. He waved to her and Andrea waved back. I wanted to say hi to Stephanie but she looked away. Ever since I've met Steph, three weeks ago, on her first day; I couldnt help but feel like she was avoiding me.

Stephanie's Point of View:

Lunch was over and I headed to art class. As I headed to my seat, my footsteps stopped. There was a jacket on my chair; not just any jacket; it was Jeff's letterman varsity jacket. My art instructor, Ms. Hayes greeted me and saw Jeff's jacket and began to speak

"Oh, Jefferey Bosh left his letterman! He must have left it there on accident since he has my class before lunch. Can you give it to him after school? He needs it for the water polo meet at Peake Lake today."

I was surprised and said,

"Me? Give him the jacket? Why cant you give it to him? I barely know, Jeff."

"I cant catch up to him today, I have a meeting after this class. You really need to get his jacket to him because they are taking varsity pictures at the water polo meet today for the yearbook." Ms. Hayes responded.

"Alright." I muttered.

I remembered how I told myself to avoid Jeff as much as possible because his eyes were like puddles of paradise and his body was a masterpiece. I knew that if I stared at them for too long, I would drown.

-

After school was over, I went looking for Jeff.

I was walking towards the boys' locker room when Eli saw me.

"Hey, Steph. Why are you heading to the boy's locker room?" Eli asked with a smirk. And then he noticed that I was carrying Jeff's jacket. His smirk had been erased.

"I'm looking for Jeff. Is he in there?" I said as I pointed to the locker room.

"No, all of the varsity water polo guys are on the way to Peake Lake by bus. Why do you even have his jacket?" Eli replied bluntly.