Ch.12) Dancing in the Dark

Eli's Point of View:

It was Saturday, the day of the winter dance, Eskimo Enchantment.

I was going to have to drive Andrea and Jeff to the dance because Jeff's license was suspended for speeding and Andrea didnt have her license yet.

"Why do I have to drive you? Cant you just rent a limo?" I asked Andrea as I adjusted my bow-tie.

"Almost all the limos in town are rented out for tonight. You have to drive me and Jeff to the dance." Andrea insisted as she looked in the mirror.

"Okay." I muttered. I had no problem driving my own sister to the dance but I just didnt want to drive Jeff.

Plus, I knew Andrea would be rude to Stephanie in the car.

Jeff arrived in a tuxedo, and Andrea greeted him with a hearty hug.

"You look nice." Jeff said as he kissed Andrea on the forehead.

We all got in the car and I began to drive; Andrea and Jeff sat in the backseat together.

"Where are we going? You were suppose to turn that way to the school." Andrea snapped.

"I know, but I need to pick up, Stephanie." I said as I pulled onto Stephanie's driveway.

"What? You're taking her? Gross." Andrea said as she crossed her arms.

I scoffed,

"Can you be nice for once? It's her first dance at our school."

Jeff budded in the conversation,

"You usually take, Chelsea to dances. Now you're just switching around again. Can't you stick to one girl and not be such a jerk? You make me sick." he said sternly.

"Shut up, I wasnt talking to you." I replied.

Jeff was going to say something back, but we were interrupted because Stephanie got in the car.

Before I could even compliment her, Jeff said,

"You look stunning, Steph."

Stephanie blushed and thanked him.

I started the car, and we were on the way to the dance.

Andrea's Point of View:

My best-friend, Chelsea Moore, was devastated when Eli didnt ask her to the Eskimo Enchantment dance. As I put on my makeup and got ready, she called me on my cell phone -

"Hello?" I answered.

"Why didnt your brother ask me out to this dance, Andrea?"

"I dont know who he is taking yet. He is driving me and Jeff to the dance, so I'll see. You should go just to hang out with me, Jeff wont mind." I said