Ch.10) Ever so passionately

Jeff's Point of View:

It was now a new Monday and lunch had just started. Instead of sitting with Andrea or even my friends from water polo; I decided to use this lunch to just stand under a tree and clear my unorganized thoughts about Andrea and Stephanie. I did not like when I felt like I had too many things to think about.

It was so strange because I had barely known Stephanie. But I knew she seemed genuinely kind and sweet. She had brought me

my leatherman jacket on the day of my final swim meet the other day and after that, I couldnt her out of my head; she had brought it for me because she knew that I needed it, and she barely knew me too. I just couldnt stop thinking about her. Just the thought of her made my heart beat faster.

My step-mom (Fran) told me to stay with Andrea because Andrea's mother had connections to the main dean at Brown University, a world-class, ivy-league college. But I wasnt a fool, I didnt want to stay with Andrea just because of that, I didnt even care about that. My grades were fine enough to get me in a decent college. I didnt want to stay with someone, I didnt love.

It was about five minutes into lunch when Andrea had called me three times on my cell phone. I knew I had better go and eat lunch with her before my voice mail box became full.

I sat down on the bench and Andrea promptly sat on my lap as usual.

I kissed her lips briefly and apologized for being late.

"Where were you? I called you." she asked as she grazed my hair with her hands.

"I was gone for five minutes. Chill." I said, ignoring her question.

Andrea rolled her eyes,

"Well, I was just wondering because I couldnt imagine a day without you." she said as she kissed my lips, slowly.

As our lips touched and moved ever so passionately, I had a deep thought in the back in my mind;

I think you can live a day without me. Maybe a year, maybe a decade, maybe a century.

I silently thought that because deep inside of me, I felt like Andrea didnt really love me like she always said she did. I felt like she cared more about having the title of my girlfriend than actually being my girlfriend.

Girlfriends are suppose to care about their boyfriends and not always be so selfish, vice versa for boyfriends. Like I said before, I would cancel all my plans just for her, but she couldnt cancel one thing for me.

My feelings for Andrea were almost completely gone; but for some reason, I kept silent.

"Ugh, Eli has been acting so weird lately." Andrea said as she held my hand.

"How?" I asked.

"He came back from Stephanie's house the other night and missed dinner." Andrea.

My mind flooded with thoughts of concern. I didnt want Eli to be with Stephanie, he didnt deserve her.

He dated about five girls last year and ended up breaking it off with every one of them. I was afraid that Stephanie had fallen for him but I dont think she was that type of girl. I was uncertain and scared. I had grown a special place in my thoughts for her, and it was a feeling I had never felt before.

"They probably didnt do anything at her house." I replied.

"I dont know, maybe she's an easy girl. Maybe she got it on with my brother." responded as she snickered.

"That's stupid of you to say. I dont think that anything is going on between Stephanie and your brother." I said as I turned slight red. I was angry at Andrea for thinking that Stephanie was an easy type of girl.

She didnt even know her.

I didnt know Stephanie that much either, but a part of me felt so connected to her.

I hoped that there was nothing going on with Eli and Stephanie and I doubted that there was.

Eli's Point of View:

I was spending another lunch with Stephanie, we were becoming good friends. It was odd walking around with her because I would always pass by one of my ex-girlfriends. I guess you can say that I use to be a player, a womanizer, whatever you want to call me; but I was different now. I didnt want to break anyone's heart like I had done before.

Plus, I was not even sure if I had feelings for Stephanie, she was so delicate, like a flower. I dont feel like the right guy for her and I wasnt interested in a relationship anytime soon. I have had enough of those, atleast for now.