Ch.14) That's the Truth

Do not skip chapters! Read in order,

to understand everything.

By the way, the weather in Crimson City is always warm and sunny, just like in California.

Stephanie's Point of View:

The dance was two nights ago. I told Aunt Lori what had happened at she said that Eli was a jerk for leaving me alone at the dance. The only thing I didn tell Aunt Lori about was Jeff.

Jeff and I had shared some romantic moments at the dance, and I couldnt stop thinking about them.

Thoughts continuously fluttered like butterflies in my head;

Maybe he acted like that just because he was drunk.

Or maybe the alcohol made him show his true feelings about me.

I was glad that it was Winter Break now; I didnt have to see Eli, Andrea or Jeff for two whole weeks. I was wrong.

It was a Saturday morning and Aunt Lori was in a business meeting. Ryan was at a 7th grade wood shop seminar. I had the whole house to myself. The door bell rang and in came the house's regular maids. I greeted them,

"Hi there; Maria, Loretta, Gladys, Marsha, and Helen." as they walked in.

They began their daily routines of dusting pictures, et-cetera.

Although it was winter in Crimson City, the weather was fairly sunny and there was no snow. I decided to take a dip in the large pool and sun bathe.

As I felt the sizzling sun glaze my body, Loretta (one of the maids) came up to me.

"Miss Stephanie..." she said hesitantly as I got up from my sun bathing session.

"Yes, Loretta?" I asked as I sat up.

"Someone is here to see you, he says he is a friend of yours. I have let him in the house already." she replied.

I looked behind her, and there, I saw Jeff nervously standing.

"Okay" I said as she went back inside.

I was in my bikini (picture above) and Jeff was awkwardly standing at the door.

"Hey, Steph.." he said as I stood up.

I didnt have time to wrap a towel around myself.

"Hi Jeff. What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I just wanted to talk to you about the other night..at the dance." he said as he sat down on one of the pool chairs.

I sat down too,

"Okay, Im surprised you even remember any of it. You were drunk, from the punch." I said.

"I cant believe someone put vodka in it. People are so stupid sometimes." he said with a slight laugh.

I didnt laugh because alcohol was no laughing matter for me; my mom was in a rehab center while I was living it up in Aunt Lori's lavish house.

I frowned and totally spaced out as I thought about my mom, I had not gotten the chance to speak to her since I got to Crimson City.

"Steph, are you alright?" Jeff asked in a concerned tone as he sat on the same lawn chair as me.

I nodded.

"Remember the things that I told you?" Jeff asked as his eyes met mine again.

"Of course, how can I forget?" I replied with half smile; and his words had faded the image of my alcoholic mother from my mind.

Jeff quickly responded,

"I meant every bit of it; I truly did."

I paused for a moment as our bodies got closer,

"...Jeff, you're with Andrea though.." I said with slight disappointment.

"Stephanie, I dont have feelings for Andrea anymore. Thats the truth. I just need to tell her at the right time." Jeff said with said as if he was in pain.

He continued to speak,

"It's just so difficult. I dont want to hurt her feelings. Steph, there is something about you, and I just dont know what it is. Maybe it's your kind heart, your nice lips, or maybe it's just you."

Our eyes locked again...