1. Just like mum

"Mum, where's the leftovers, I thought you said they were in the fridge?"

"Mumm, mum!" I repeat Myself as I walk into the lounge where I find Lucy and Narla playing catch across the room. Narla is My West Highland Terrier that my mum brought for me 6 years ago. Although Lucy will try claim she's the favourite, we all know who the real one is.

"Narlaaaaa" I call and crouch down, letting her run into my arms, whilst I shower her with cuddles.

"One way to steal her from me" my mum looks at me with a jokingly offended face on.

"Can't help that I'm her fave.. Isn't that right narla" I kiss her head, "But please, I'm starving and there's no food in this house."

"Don't worry, there's a fruit bowl" Lucy laughs and plonks herself on the couch and pulls out her laptop.

"NO! Sorry but that is not fair! How do you get to eat all you want and I don't"

"Let me think.." Lucy pretends to think," Oh wait, that's right, I pay the bills"

She smirks and looks back at the laptop screen.

"Well actually, so does Keira." Keira is my mum's girlfriend and basically my second mum, although she's much less tough on me, much to Lucy's annoyance.

"Mmm, fine go nag her"

"She's not here at the moment", I admit.

"Yep, I know, guess it's fruit or nothing for you, maise."

I sigh with annoyance and turn on my heel and go back to the kitchen, where I get a handful of grapes, return to the doorway of the lounge and pelt lucy with them. "Sucks to suck, loser." I smirk and watch as lucy plops one in her mouth.

"Just you wait"

"Oh, I will" I reply, before running back upstairs to my room.

My room is painted a pale blue colour, not only because it was my favourite colour, it was also the man city colours too. I'd been playing for the man city academy since I was 7 with a short pause between 2017 and 2020 (when we went to Lyon), my mum keen to get me in as soon as possible. Now, after 6 years there, it has become my second home. I was either found watching my mum train whilst I catch up on school work or training myself, with the U17's. I felt really lucky to be able to play 2 age groups up, but although I dreamt of being a professional, My mum had kept me grounded and frequently reminded me of how fast things can change, with injury and all. As a small child, many hours had been spent, playing with the seniors in the changing rooms, or chatting to the various staff member whilst the team was training. One lady in particular, I was close with, and she was Kathy, one of the meds.

2015 - Age 8

"Maisie, what a pleasure to see you again, staying out of trouble I hope?" Kathy greets me with a big smile and gives me a hug, whilst I nod happily.

"Mmm.. I'm not too sure, little miss decided it would be a great idea to draw a house on the wall yesterday, colours and all" My mum pipes in, following me into the massage room and sweeping me up, tickling me, making me squeal.

"Oh dear, did it come off?"

"Nope, looks like we're going to have a nice picture on the wall for a few years to come now"

Kathy laughs, " well what brings you two here then?

"Well maisie's fine, but would I be able to have my wrist taped please, hurt it yesterday."

"Of course, that's fi-" Kathy starts

"Nooo, I need my wrist taping too" I plead and start pretending like I've hurt it.