34. Entrance

"Hmm?" I raised an eyebrow, thinking this girl was talking to me. 

"She's your mum right?" The girl directs right at me.

"Who?" I frown again.

"Lucy Bronze"

And since then, since the girl, who I now know is called Sofia, shouted who my mum was in the class, I have been known as Bronzey, not Maisie, purely Bronzey. Even the teachers are calling me that it's got that bad. I don't mind too much, I kind of just ignore it, however I do sometimes wish I could be known as someone else but The Lucy Bronze's daughter. 

I've been at the school for a week now, my Spanish basically not improving at all apart from the fact I can now say, Hola me llamo Maisie. Mum or Keira had picked me up every day so far this week, normally parking just round the corner to avoid any of my overly fan girl-ish classmates. Not only was it a Friday, it was also the day of my first Barca trial, day 1 of the 4-week trial I'd be put through. The school had given me approved leave, so as I traipsed out of the front gates at lunch time, I met mum sitting patiently in the car, just round the corner, donning sunglasses and a matching shorts and tee combo. 

I pulled open the car door and dumped myself down into the front seat, flinging my rucksack into the back with an exaggerated sigh. 

"Quiet entrance as ever" Mum laughed, swinging her keys on her finger. "Good day?"

"Mm" I nod, leaning my head bag against the rest and closing my eyes for a second.

"Don't get too comfy, we've got an academy to get into" Mum says, as she turns the key and pulls away.

"It's not guaranteed" I say, still flopped back on the seat.

"Mmm, yeah, but I'd be having some words if you didn't get in" 

"Oh god" I groan, turning my head to look out the window.

"What?" She laughs, "I have full faith in you, you know, and whatever happens I'll be proud of you anyway."

I nod, and hum quietly, the silence being filled by the low murmur of a song coming through the speakers. 

Today wouldn't be a training session, it was more of a welcome and here's what's going to happen sort of thing, so I was going to the training grounds straight from school. Mum had got leave for today, so that she could come pick me up, which meant that whilst she wasn't training today, Keira and the rest of the first team would also be at the training ground. Secretly, I hoped I'd be able to go out and watch them train, as so far I hadn't been able to do that, like I have done before when Mum's first joined a new team. However, I guess times have changed anyway, I wasn't 8 years old anymore.  

The meeting went well, it was exactly what I had expected, the manager explained the expectations of the academy as well as also what it would be like on the trial and how they'd make the ultimate decision whether I got in or not. I had 4 weeks to give everything I had, to prove to them that I deserved a place on the team. He said he'd watched some of my man city games, as well as my England games and he was confident there was a space for me on the team, as long as I can prove that in person. 

He gave me a tour of the grounds, however I still hadn't seen any of the first team players due to them all being out on one of the pitches. I managed to get a glimpse of them from one of the upstairs windows however they were so small it wasn't really worth it. Mum had disappeared as well, excusing herself to go and see one of the physios whilst I went on the tour. 

"Ok, we're all done here now, are you going straight home now or would you like to go see your mum?" He asks, as we arrive back outside his office. 

"Um, I think I'll go find my mum"