23. Deal

"And you thought you wouldn't tell me?" I shake my head, jokingly pushing her away.

"I've told you now" She shrugs, "plus, I know how much you like surprises"

"Yeah, as much as you like horror films"

"Oh, fuck you"

"What, now?" I raise an eyebrow, cockily, smirking as I see Katie go red.

"Oh my god, shut up" She buries her head in her hands.

"You sound way too scarily like your mum" Keira says, suddenly appearing behind me.

"Oh. My. God. That has scarred me" I scream putting my hands over my ears, feeling my face go read too.

"What and hearing you say that hasn't scarred me" Keira puts me back in my place.

"Can I just go back to my running now"

"No, I didn't hear what you said" mum says now also appearing beside Keira.

"NO!"

"Oh, well Katie said fu-" Keira starts

"No! Shut up Keira!" I say, desperately.

"Alright alright" Keira holds her hands up in surrender.

"What are you even doing here?"

"Keira's a gym obsessed creature" Mum replies, smirking

"Oh fuck you" Keira shoves Mum

"What, now?" Mum raises an eyebrow and smirks.

"SEE! Look did you see that" Keira says to Katie, pointing at mum and then at me.

"What?" Mum and I both say, frowning.

"Leave them in the dark, now cmon, let's do something" Keira says, slinging an arm round Katie's shoulder and walking off with her, leaving mum and I staring at each other confused, until I realize.

"Oh" I say, not exactly sure how I can explain without it being mega awkward. It's almost like mum can read my mind as I see her eyes widen and a slight smile come onto her face.

"Don't tell me you just said what I said to Katie"

"Um" I say, scratching the back of my neck.

"My job here is done" Mum says punching the air, and pulling me into a hug, a reaction I wasn't expecting to say the least.

"What do you mean"

"Well I've taught you exactly how to flirt" Mum smirks, starting to jog on the treadmill next to me as I power up my machine again.

"I am not flirting with Katie" I knowingly deny

"Come off it, it's so obvious, but then Katie definitely likes you"

"No she doesn't" I shake my head

"You sure? You're blind as a bat, remember when you were drunk at that party and guess who looked after you... Katie"

"Any friend would do that"

"Pa, I wouldn't if it was Jordan, I'd get Leah to"

"But you would if it was Keira" I raise my eyebrows

"Yeah" She shrugs, smiling, clearly remembering times she had.

"Ok, enough with this soppiness I can't stand it"

"If you don't make a move by the end of this camp, I'm telling her for you"

"Well I can't do that when we're going to Barcelona can I?" The thing that's been on my mind spits out of my mouth.