18. Fuck, it is true

"Yeah, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want" 

"So tell me what you want, what you really, really want"

"I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna"

"I really, really, really wanna zigazig"

"AHHHH" Leah, Georgia and I all scream as we run down the hallways of st George's park and enter the canteen, which is half full of the rest of the quad, singing Wannabe at the top of our lungs.

"You have been well educated my girl" Leah says as she jumps onto my back.

"Wish she hadn't, would of saved my ear drums" Mum mutters as she walks past us towards the queue for food.

"I HEARD THAT" I shout after her.

"Well I'm glad you've still got your eardrums" She chuckles, turning around and putting her hands up as she sees my jokingly angry face.

"Ok then, Lucy vs mini lucy karaoke is on tonight everyone!" Georgia shouts, causing everyone to cheer.

"Woahhh, I did not sign up to that" Mum backs out immediately 

"Oh  come on mum, we all know you're greaaaat at singing" I say, drawing out the great as we all know she really isn't. 

"Not happening"

"Come onnnn" We all say

"Nope"

"It's fine, get Keira to talk her into it, we all know she falls for her charm" Jordan calls out, causing everyone to laugh, apart from mum who stands shaking her head in the queue. 

"Speak of the devil" Jordan then says and everyone turns around to see Keira entering with mary.

"What?" Keira asks, throwing Lucy a questioning look. 

"Noth-"

"Keiraaa, so I need a favour from you" I say, cutting mum off with a smirk, and going over to Keira and looping my arm around her, "How do you feel about Karaoke night?" 

"As long as I'm not singing"

"No mum is"

"What!" Keira says bursting into laughter, "Hell yeah" The room erupts into cheers and everyone now intensely stares at Mum, as she just ignores everyone and collects her food. 

"Think she needs a bit of persuasion" I whisper to Keira and push her gently towards her. 

"Give me 5 minutes"

The room has now returned back to its state before- everyone chatting and eating, minding their own business, so I take the opportunity to grab my own food and find a spare seat alongside Millie Bright and Rachel Daly. 

"So, Mini bronze, how's it going" Millie asks as I slump into the chair.

"Alright you know, not a bad couple of weeks"

"Omg, I forgot you went to America, how was it? Get a nice tan?" Rachel asks

"It was great" I proceed to tell them a brief explanation of everything we got up to, while also keeping Keira and mum in the corner of my eye. 

"So, what's this thing about Barcelona then? Is everything signed?" Mille asks me casually.

"What?" I ask, taken aback

"You know, the whole thing with your mum's contract"

"No? Wait what" I'm completely confused as to why Millie seems to think we're off to Barcelona. "We're not going anywhere?"