30. 5-a-side

"So, how long are you staying for" Katie asks, as she sits on the bar stool, in the kitchen, spinning herself around on it as I try find the coco-pops. 

"Good question, I don't exactly know" I laugh, as I pull boxes of food out the cupboard, still yet to find any coco pops. It was strange because Keira, like me, loved coco pops, in fact we had them so often that mum used to have to bulk buy coco pops so that we'd never run out, because if we did, there'd be a riot. "I'm guessing we'll go visit my grandparents at some point so I'd guess we'll be here a week or two" I shrug. 

"That's good, I think we should go to Liverpool for the day at some point" She suggests

I hum in response, still in utter confusion as to where on earth the coco pops had gone.

"Oh, we don't have to go there, I was just suggesting it" Katie clearly thinks I'm ignoring her.

"No, no, I like that idea, sorry, I'm just confused, there's so no coco-pops" I frown at her as she smirks at me, finding the situation too funny. "It's not funny, I've missed my coco-pops and also, yesterday we still had two boxes. Surely Keira hasn't eaten both already" 

As if on cue, the key rattles in the door, and a rather bedraggled looking Keira, stumbles in the door, carrying three bags of shopping. I hadn't even noticed she'd gone, in all honesty. 

"Maisie, was it you who ate all my coco-pops" Keira frowns at me, as she drops the bags on the floor in the kitchen. "I just had to go to Tesco's and get some cause someone's eaten two whole boxes in two days. I know you don't have them in Spain but at least give me a heads up ya know" Keira rants, half jokingly, as she unloads 6 boxes of coco-pops onto the work top. 

"It wasn't me!" I say, half laughing, half confused. 

"Who on earth ate them then?" 

Surely it wasn't mum. She never ate them, in fact every time Keira and I sat down with our bowls of coco-pops, she'd turn her nose up at them, claiming they were too unhealthy. So for her to eat two whole boxes, she'd have to be seriously unwell. 

"Was it not Lucy?" Katie suggests.

Then it clicks on me, and it seemingly does too for Keira, as she sends me the same knowing look I'm sending her. I don't say anything, mainly because I know they're not telling anyone about the baby until both their parents know. 

"I guess so" Keira saves the awkward moment, and I swiftly move the conversation on by asking what we're doing today.

"Your grandparents are coming down today, should be here at lunchtime, and my parents are also coming" Keira responds, pouring us both a large bowl of coco-pops. 

I nod, quickly shovelling the cereal into my mouth as Katie sits next to me laughing. 

"What?" I say, however it comes out as a gargle due to the coco-pops in my mouth.

"Nothing" She laughs, turning away. 

"I hope you appreciate how much I've missed these before you judge me"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Katie got picked up not long after that, at around 12, so it was just me and Keira chilling around downstairs, waiting for mum to eventually get out of bed. We decided to make cookies for later, however it had kind of turned into just Keira making them, as I sat trying to steal as much of the mix as possible, without her noticing. 

"So how are you gonna tell your parents later then? Just blurt it out or what?" I ask, as she slides the trays of cookies into the oven. 

"You'll have to wait and see" Keira smiles, clearly knowing exactly how they're gonna do it.