31. Online

I wasn't surprised when mum told me we weren't going back to Spain until Saturday. I'd been expecting to stay around a week, and with us still having 4 days left, this allowed more time to be spent with Katie, as well as catching up on everything thing I've missed in England. So, as mum and Keira were trying to decide what to do today, I sneakily suggested they go out on a date day, and I'll go off with Katie. After a while of me using my best persuading skills, they eventually came round to the idea, so long as I was home by 10. I quickly nodded and agreed, thanking them, before rushing upstairs to message Katie. 

M- How does Liverpool sound today?

K-  You're aloud to go?

M- So long as I'm back by 10

K- Get in! I'm booking the train tickets right now. Meet me at mine in an hour?

M- Sounds good, see you soon x

I smiled as I dropped my phone back onto the bed and, propped myself up, staring into my wardrobe and trying to decide what sort of thing to wear today. I'd most likely end up in shorts and a t-shirt but the question is- which ones?

It took around 5 trips up and down the stairs to ask the opinion's of mum and Keira and about 20 different  outfit changes before I eventually settled on a white graphic t-shirt and pale green jersey shorts. I'd chosen my white air forces to go with the outfit. 

It wasn't long before Katie and I were sitting on the train, an intense game of uno going on between us, as we travelled towards Liverpool. 

"UNO" I whisper shouted, aware of the turning heads in the carriage. "Oh, fuck you" I mutter, as Katie slaps down a pick up two and laughs at me.

"Unooo" She then proceeds to waft the card in my face, smirking. I hastily put down a yellow card, praying her card isn't yellow. "BOOM" I watch in horror as she slaps down the yellow 8 on top of my card, throwing her self back into her seat and claiming her win. "Better luck next time Bronzey" 

I don't reply and just scrunch my face up, and look out the window. "You cheated anyway" I mutter under my breath. I hear Katie laugh, but don't bother to remove my eyes from the trees rushing past the window. 

We eventually arrive in Liverpool, the warm breeze from the August day hitting us as we stepped off and onto the platform. The station was pretty much in the central of Liverpool so we didn't have to walk far before we reached the shops. 

Katie and I spent the rest of the day browsing the shops, myself occasionally pointing out some sort of ridiculous item of clothing and pretending to like it just to see Katie's confusion. I'd be lying if I said that winding her up wasn't my favourite past time...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I certainly wasn't oblivious to the rumours spiralling around. Every time I opened my phone I'd see a new article about it, each one claiming to have the best inside scoop on it. In reality, even I didn't know what was going on, so I highly doubted Usernamexyz knew anymore than I did.

I'd tossed and turned wondering whether I should ask mum about it, or whether I should just leave it, in case it was a, most likely, touchy subject at the moment. So I'd settled to waiting, however it didn't stop me falling down a spiral of all the latest news online.

This leads me to Friday night, the night before mum and I fly back to Spain again, as I lie in bed, aimlessly scrolling through twitter, my spare hand gently stroking Narla's head. "Manchester reject world record fee for Keira Walsh from Barcelona" I read, as I sit up slightly. This wasn't the first time I'd read this, it has happened two times before, however this... This seemed different.