20. Embarrassing

Maisie's POV- 

I watch mum back away, and close the door softly, a sad smile just touching her face. I slowly make my way to my bed, and perch on the edge of it, staring blankly at the wall in front of me. A million thoughts whirl through my head, but one stood out: I've fucked up. Big time. 

Keira 

I think you should come down x

How upset/angry is mum on a scale of one to ten?

I don't know, she's not here, she hasn't been down since she came up to you

I thought she was with you?

What's happened?

I've really fucked up

I said all these things to mum that I don't mean and now she hates me

Bet you anything she doesn't hate you

She does.

I said all these horrible things to her

And what was her reaction?

She started telling me about how I've really hurt her and she was upset and now I realise I've just been a selfish brat.

Family counselling it is then!

NO! KEIRA NO

Come on, meet me in my room in ten

I swear to god.

Keira was doing it again. Every time there was some sort of problem, Keira would find a way to sort it out. Sometimes it was simply having a family dinner or occasionally, it would be her so called 'family counselling'. Basically her just explaining both sides of the argument to each of us. It was the most annoying thing in the world because although I would never admit it, it worked, at least it has so far. 

Keira's POV-

"Luce, get up, it's time for some family counselling" I call out, as I open our bedroom door and enter the dark room, finding Lucy lying in bed, with slight tear stains on her cheeks. I walk over to the closed curtains and tug them open letting in the sunlight and half-blinding lucy.

"Shut the curtains" Lucy groaned into her pillow, which she had covered over her face.

"Nope, I'm not having an argument or whatever this is going on in camp, especially when it's Maisie's first one on Thursday" I said, sitting on the bed and opening my phone.

"Don't tell me Maisie's coming here" 

"Yep, we're waiting for her" I grinned

"Pff, like she's going to come"

".Mm, I reckon she will"

"I don't"

"Ok, how much we betting?"

"Whoever loses has to walk Narla for the next two weeks when we get home"

"Deal miss walsh" Lucy reaches up to shake my hand. I flop back against her and stare up at the ceiling, waiting for the knock, or most likely, burst into the room in a huff. Any second now...