𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

𝐓𝐖: 𝐀𝐁𝐔𝐒𝐄

-𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐬-

Xalio walked off to the bathroom as Amara was looking at her menu. I looked at the side profil of the gorgeous woman when I noticed a bruise on her cheek... in the form of a big hand... like Xalio's hand.

"Amara?"

"Yea..."

"Is that Xalio's hand on your cheek?!"

Carlos and Pierre looked at her cheek as I gently grabbed her chin and turned her head to the side so Pierre and Carlos could see it too.

"No-"

"Don't lie to us please."

"No I swear Charles!"

"Your lying Amara... that's the reason you were upset and didn't let me in... you needed to cover it up didn't you?"

"Fine... it was Xalio. I'm used to it... it's never been different in the past 8 years."

"Do you have more marks?"

"No."

"Don't lie. Your a bad liar."

"Yes..."

She pulled her sleeve up on her left arm and his hand was imprinted on her wrist with another bruise. Poor girl.

"My Uhm ribs are sore from his kicking and punching as well... and my back uhm... never mind. It's nothing."

"No you can tell us."

"What can Amara tell us?"

"Oh I can tell them about... the company."

"Ah our company."

I looked at Amara and the expression she pulled said enough to me to keep quiet about it. It would probably cause more problems for her. The rest of dinner went by fine. Amara was really silent and I think she didn't say too much. Carlos, Pierre and I were all engaged speaking while Xalio was just dead staring Amara for most of the dinner time. Poor woman... we need to do something about it.

"Amara we need to go back to the hotel. I've a business meeting with your father. The cab is here."

"Uhm okay."

She looked at Pierre who got the hint faster then I did and spoke up.

"Actually we need to go to track for the meeting with Franz Amara. I'll drop you off afterwards if you want?"

"Really? I thought that was tomorrow."

"No it's rescheduled I thought he texted you."

"He didn't but I guess I'll drive with you then."

"Great. Then I'll see you at the hotel Amara."

"See you there..."

He walked out of the restaurant and Amara released a big sigh her whole body relaxing a little bit more.

"Amara... what's on your back?"

"Cigarette burns..."

"He puts his cigarettes on your back?!"

Carlos sounded taken back and Pierre and I were too. We shared some looks between us as it staid silent for a few moments.

"Okay that's it we need to get rid of him because this isn't normal. He should support you and protect you from getting hurt!"

"But he does! Only he hurts me in the process."

"Your scared of him! Amara you need to leave him. He's abusing you."

"Maybe your right... can you guys stay outside of my hotel room? I'll leave the door open a little for you guys so if something happens..."

"We'll don't worry Amara. We'll be there every second of the way."

"We'll protect you from him."

Pierre and Carlos reassured her as I gently stroked her hair with my hand. We paid for dinner before we got into the car and I sat next to Amara. I was driving the car as Amara was moving her leg up and down constantly. I gently laid my hand on her leg close to her knee and rubbed my thumb up and down to calm her down and the bouncing of her leg slowly stopped. I looked at her and she had a smile full appreciation on her face. When we arrived at the room minutes later she let out a deep shaky breath as she looked at the three of us. We gave her some encouraging words before she went in. She left the door on the smallest gap I've ever seen and we all silently listened with our ears pressed against the door.

"Xalio?

"Yes baby?"

"I uhm... we should end this relationship-"

"No."

"What?"

"We aren't ending anything darling. You're mine now and forever. Nobody can have you. You know the rules."

"You don't want me going around boys which I don't do but even if a boy looks at me you're beating me up... it's not what I deserve."

"Big words coming from your insecure little mouth Adamos."

"I know but I think it's for the best to end this here."

We heard some movements in the room but decided to wait a little longer. I heard Amara wince...

"Xalio stop! Please!"

We threw the door open and while Carlos and Pierre pulled Xalio off of Amara I pulled her off the bed where she was laying in her bra and jeans. I gently brought her to the bathroom and locked the door behind us. She was crying in my arms as her whole body trembled. I looked in the mirror and I counted the cigarette dots on her back. 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10... 11... 12... 13... 14... 14 cigarette marks. Poor woman. I took a towel and wrapped it around her so she wouldn't feel too exposed. I heard a gentle knock on the door and a soft whisper of Carlos.

"He's gone Amara... you're okay."

I unlocked the door and saw Pierre and Carlos standing there with worry in their eyes.

"You did amazing Amara... you handled it well. I talked to him a little and he would leave you alone... at least that's what he said."

"Thank you guys."

She was still clinging onto me but to be honest I couldn't care less about it. When she let go I felt a cold hit me where she would held me seconds earlier. She walked into her room and dropped the towel to pull on a clean hoodie. I saw the bruises on her rib cage just now... it will definitely take a while to heal that properly. We all staid for a few hours until she fell asleep. We all silently left while Pierre took the extra key card with him. He's sleeping in the room next to her so if something happens he'll be the first to notice and the first and fastest to be there and help her... hopefully she's getting enough rest.

(1064 words)