𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

-𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐚-

Last night Charles carried me back to my room after I fell asleep in Daniel's room with the guys. He's such a sweet guy. Pierre his head popped around the corner.

"Oh your already awake."

"Yea. Thanks for checking though."

"No problem. I'll see you at the track okay?"

"Yep. See you there."

He left my room again as I was packing my backpack. I still wore my sweatpants and shirt from yesterday but I was now picking out some clothes. I took my team shirt with a pair of blue jeans and my new Jordan's in alpha Tauri colors. I pulled my hair in a ponytail with strands hanging loose to make it more stylish. I did a tiny bit of make-up before I went to the breakfast hall. I ate something quickly and then went to my car with my bag. I drove to track and when I arrived there I placed my sunglasses in my hair. I held my paddock pass in my hand as I walked through the gate. I waved at photographers around me as the paddock was quite empty for 10 am. After some meetings, getting changed in my race suit and warming up it was time to get in the car. Pierre and I gave each other a hug before both climbing in. We were the first team to get on track and I loved it. When we finally got enough data I was called in and I climbed out of the car. I thanked everybody and checked some data with the engineers. We would have a meeting in 10 minutes so we could discuss everything further. I was sitting in my drivers room eating a snack and drinking water. Leon came to grab me and we walked to the meeting together. The meeting was boring as usual but I didn't mind because it's what we need to score points. I had my hair in a messy bun as my face was still a little red and sweaty from driving. I sat down as I looked at the big screen. We talked through the changes that were made for FP2. After 30 minutes of discussing it was time to go to some media duties. While I was walking I felt two arms over my shoulder. The Ferrari boys were walking next to me each on one side.

"Hello boys."

"Hello Amara."

We talked for a bit before entering the pen and splitting ways. I did my talking with only a few reporters and then went back to the hospitality. I was about to enter when I got pulled behind a trailer where nobody could see me. I looked up to see the blue eyes of the Monegasque.

"Jeez you scared me."

I hit him on his chest softly to let him know I wasn't prepared for that.

"I know that was the whole point."

"Why did you pull me here anyway?!"

"I uhm... I wanted to ask you out. On a date. Like tonight on a date with you... and me."

He was so nervous it was all over his face and how he brought it. Should I play with his feelings for a little or should I just be kind and go straight to the point?

"Actually Charles... I uhm I'm seeing someone again. We went out the day before I flew here."

"What? Really?"

"No just kidding."

He let out a sigh of relief as he smiled at me with a hopeful expression.

"And that date... pick me up at 19PM alright?"

"Your room?"

"My room. Let me know how to dress okay?"

"Will let you know."

I gave him a smile before sneaking out behind the trailer hoping nobody would notice. And I think nobody did. I walked into the hospitality and sat down on the couch in my drivers room. My door flew open and closed after Pierre walked in. He sat down at the other side of the couch and looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"Soooo..."

"What do you want Pierre?"

"You and Charles huh?"

"You knew he was going to ask me out didn't you?! Oh my asshole! You didn't even prepare me or hint me the slightest bit!"

"From what I've heard from a text you handled it alright... well good is a better word then alright."

"You two know everything of each other don't you guys?"

"Yea..."

"I love that about your friendship."

"I think a lot of people do. I do too at least... is that your phone ringing?"

"Yea. Talia is face timing me... I'll call her back later we've got practice in 10 minutes so it's not the best timing anyway."

"Yea true. Oh Charles told me to say you should dress comfy..."

"Like sweatpants comfy or?"

"Exactly that..."

I looked at Pierre a little confused before he left my drivers room. I shook my head and went to Leon to do a warm-up. I was actually looking forward to this date with Charles... I was especially curious about what he wanted to do as a first date... like it's Friday... tomorrow is qualifying so I need to get my rest but I want to go out with him so I want to do it tonight... I guess we will see right? For now I decided to focus on FP2. I could do some flying laps which probably meant fewer laps but try and press the car to it's max. I was excited for it and didn't feel pressured. Everybody told me that the only result wanted this weekend was to not get a DNF so finish on any grid place. It felt good to not have a lot of pressure on. I could just see how race weekends work around here and how I should handle them. I climbed into the car and went through my routine before starting some warm up laps. Cars passed me on the racing line as I warmed my tires up. I felt good in this car... better then I expected for the first weekend and it gave me a lot of good hope for the up coming 23 weekends. It made me believe that I do belong here if I try hard enough and maybe can score a lot of points for the team! That was the only goal set for this season... score at least 1 point. I think it's a realistic goal.... I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard Ryan, my engineer, say to me I could start on flying laps if I was ready for it. I told him I was ready to start some flying laps and then started the real business!

(1120 words)