𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

-𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐚-

It's the first race weekend of the year. Bahrein had a nice temperature for this time of the year. A hoodie was enough to keep yourself warm. I was lunching with Pierre and Charles as we grew really close. Pierre showed me a photo of little Charles. He was probably 8 years old there... he looked so... familiar in that photo. Pierre turned his phone back.

"Wait is that photo cropped?"

"Yea... how do you know that..."

"I think I know that photo."

Pierre handed me his phone with the full photo on it. A blonde girl standing next to Charles with the biggest smile I had ever seen on the karting podium. She got into 2nd. I zoomed in on her face and just like I remembered the photo... that was me. I wasn't a very pretty child in fact I was the opposite of pretty. I don't look anything alike now a days.

"What's so interesting with the girl on my photo? You know her?"

"Charles that's me."

"Wait you were at that race too?"

"Yea I was that girl that pushed you off the track Pierre which cost you your 2nd place."

"No way she was so annoying and ugly!"

I opened my phone and showed them some baby pictures of me till the age of 10. They were staring at each other and then back to me.

"How did you get so... different?"

"My teen years did a lot to it."

"Wait there was this rumor on track that you liked me."

"I did like you Charles. You were quite cute for a kid that age."

"Still am."

Pierre rolled his eyes at the comment of Charles as I softly laughed. These guys were just amazing. They brightened up my days like nobody else could. They're one of a kind.

"Mm do you still dance?"

"When I'm at home I go dancing with my brother... when he's home too."

"What kind was it?"

"Latin dance and Ballroom."

"You have a video of it?"

"Probably... let me search one."

I opened my phone and searched for one. I found my last dance with my brother from a few days before going to the factory.

"This was my most recent dance with him..."