𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

-𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐬-

I was sitting in the reception waiting for Carlos as we were the only ones not having a team dinner or with other plans. We would go out and eat at a restaurant close to the hotel. I heard the elevator open and saw Amara exit. My breath was stuck in my throat as I looked at her. Her hair in the most perfect chique bun... her green dress hugging her body as she walked in her heels. A small smile on her lips as she walked to the rest of her team. Pierre turned around in his dress pants and button up. He smiled at her widely and gave her a twirl while admiring her beauty... god I wanted to do that too. He laid his hand on her lower back as she laid hee hand on his back. A team photo was snapped before they let go of each other and then all walked to the exit. They were leaving for dinner. My god the way she twirled and smiled... it's mesmerizing but that wasn't because of me but because of Pierre. Maybe I should have grown the balls to ask her out earlier when I asked her for her plans tonight... no I would probably blow everything up. God what am I even thinking! I can't date her. It will probably effect everything on track. I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw Carlos.

"You should make a move on Amara or stop making it so obvious for everybody."

"What?"

"You like Amara duuuhh."

"No I don't like her! She's just a friend."

"I'm not blind Charles. You like her. Just ask her out on a date."

"What if I mess up?"

"Then you mess up. But you won't know until you try it."

"Yea... that's true. Maybe I will."

"You better. Come on I'm hungry!"

We walked out of the hotel and crossed the road to enter the restaurant we had a reservation at. The evening went by quickly and around 20 we all got invited to go to Daniel's room. Almost everybody would be there and as I arrived and sat down indeed a lot of the drivers were there. I sat on the couch next to Amara and on my other side Lando. Amara had changed her beautiful dress for a pair of light grey sweatpants and an oversized red shirt. I held the fabric of her shirt in my fingers and looked at her.

"Switching teams now are we?"

"No definitely not."

"Mmm unfortunately would be a lot of fun."

"Ah poor Carlos. I'm gonna snitch on you!"

"No!"

She laughed at me before she got comfortable and brought her knees up placing her feet on the couch. We just talked and played some games. I felt a head on my shoulder and saw Amara asleep on my shoulder. I took her head and gently laid it down on my lap. Her hair hung in loose strands around her head so I gently pushed them out of her face and let my hand play in the blonde locks. I smiled softly at the girl in my lap. I felt my heart beat increase as I let my hand run through the soft strands and I received glances from the guys around me.

"Did you finally ask her out?"

Carlos spoke up and everybody immediately glared at him, Amara and I.

"No I didn't..."

"Your gonna ask her out?"

"Yea... if I grow the balls for it."

Pierre looked at me with a small smile. I was afraid that he might be angry at me that I liked the same girl as him but his look told me more then words could...

"If your the one she let's in... take it. If she gives you her heart don't break it please... let your arms be a place she feels safe in. She's the best thing that you'll ever have. She'll love you if you love her on days when it feels like the whole world might cave in. Stand by her side and you'll make it. Just love her like that..."

Pierre his words came out like a song. His words made everybody go silent with a smile. She was like the little sister to half the guys on the grid. She wasn't on the grid for long but everybody loved her like family. I smiled softly at Pierre as I nodded at him softly. I looked down to see Amara. I would never hurt her... I would let her hurt me but never the other way around. She deserves the world. I stroked her hair further as I started mixing with the conversations again. Around 23 pm we all went back to our rooms. I picked up Amara bridle style as she woke up a little. She looked at me with the sleepiest eyes I had ever seen.

"Go back to sleep Amara..."

She didn't need to be told twice as she snuggled her face back into my chest. I wasn't sure if she fell asleep or not but I carried her to her room. Pierre unlocked the door with the spare key he had from Amara and he then left to his own room. I laid Amara down on the bed and closed her curtains. I walked to the door as Pierre said he would wake her in time for Friday practice and meetings.

"Charles..."

"Yea?"

"Thank you."

"Good night Amara..."

"Night Charles."

I closed the door gently and walked to my own room. I wanted to stay in her room. Stay there until she would fall asleep or at least give her a good night kiss. God this girl does things to my head I didn't even know were possible... what's happening to me. I was thinking about how gorgeous she looked after her shower. Her blue and green eyes popping off her tanned skin with those dark colored freckles making the light colored eyes pop out even more. Her blonde hair hanging in wet strands across her face. She looked like one of those surfer girls... kind of not really though... she is even more beautiful. I sighed before I made myself ready for bed and climbed in.

(1042 words)