Heartbeat 🪻

I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.

He slightly lifted his head and we made eye contact. My breath hitched in my throat. He kept staring into my eyes. Our faces were only a few inches apart. His moved face closer to mine. Oh god...

It was as if sparks were flying around us as our lips connected. He moved his lips against mine and I finally responded to the kiss. He snaked his hand around my neck and dominated the kiss. It wasn't like our first kiss, this was something magical. It was almost like we were in love. He grazed his tongue on my lips, asking for permission and I slowly parted my lips. His warm tongue slipped in ever so slowly and sensually; sending shivers down my spine.

His kiss is not at all the same as those movies, but one steeped in a passion that ignites. It is the promise of realness, of the primal desire that lives in us all. And with it he tells me that he is awake, connected within, that he embraces himself rather than hide as a copy of those romantic idols.

Our tongues danced in a rhythm that was beautiful to us. The hair on my body stood up with each passing second. Cary moved on my hand as she was sandwiched between us. I finally snapped to reality and pulled away. A blush crept to my cheeks as I met his eyes. I looked away, trying to steady my breath. I slowly caressed Cary's head and looked anywhere but him.

I heard a heels clicking on the floor and soon realized that it was Eomma. I straightened up my posture. She walked into the living room with the smile she always remembered to keep. She leaned in for a hug but I refused. Her face turned gloomy. "Eomma, it's because..." I forwarded my cupped palm as her eyes widened in surprise. "Is that your pet?" She asked still looking at Cary.

"Ne, Eomma. Her name is Cary." I shared. "Aww she's very cute." She chirped. My lips curved up to form a small smile. "But where are you gonna keep her?" She asked being curious. "I'll keep her in my room, Eomma." I blurted out without thinking. Taehyung who was standing far away from us turned towards me.

My eyebrows knit together in confusion. And finally it dawned upon me. Ohhh shit..."What do you mean by 'your room', Haze?" She questioned. "Umm I-" I passed her an awkward smile. "You both are sleeping in different rooms?" It was a rhetorical question.

She walked out from the living room. "Eunji ! Call James !" I heard her loud voice. I heard her say something else too but I couldn't understand because her voice was getting fainter as she walked away. "Eunji!" Taehyung yelled. She came running to him.

The poor lady was panting after running here and there. "Take this thing and throw it away." He ordered pointing at Cary. Eunji reluctantly took Cary from my palms. "No, wait!" I tried to follow her but before I could react, I was pulled back roughly.

"I fucking told you not to tell her, didn't I !?" Taehyung shouted. His bloodshot eyes glared into mine.

His grip on my forearm felt like it's burning my skin

His grip on my forearm felt like it's burning my skin. "Are you so eager to get fucked by me, hmm?" His deep voice echoed in my ears as fear and disgust took over me.

"You're disgusting..." I gritted out. "Don't act pure after getting married to me for my money." He mocked, causing me to lower my head in shame. His grip tightened. It was like he was trying to break my arm off.

"Ah...T-Taehyung you're hurting me!" I whimpered. "It's gonna hurt a lot more if you ever pull this kind of stunt again." He warned and yanked my hand. I clutched my hand in pain. He left his finger prints on my arm as the area turned bluish purple. He turned his heels and stepped back, walking away from me.

I can't go and look for Cary now. Taehyung's gonna hurt her if he knows. We had dinner in an awkward silence. I was about to step in the room I slept yesterday night at, but I was stopped by a sweet voice. "Eomma what happened?" I asked hesitantly, wondering if she's still mad about earlier. "Follow me, Hazel." She walked ahead of me. I followed her, confused. Though the lady was in her 60's, she never lacked her bubbly energy and her contagious smile.

After walking for a while we reached a big door. She pushed in a few numbers on the lock and it opened with a click. "Take a look inside." She suggested. I walked in but it was pitch dark. I slid my hand on the wall to find the switch board. I found switch and pressed it as the room became visible. My jaw dropped to the floor.

(A/n : I don't know why

(A/n : I don't know why...but I feel very broke rn...)

There was a huge wedding picture placed just above the bed. It was our wedding photo. Both of us were looking unhappy. Him looking cold and unfeeling, then there's me who looked gloomy. Maybe this marriage was a bad idea, I shouldn't have excepted anything. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked back to see her wrinkled hand which gripped my shoulder, softly. "What is all this Eomma ?" I enquired. "This is your new bedroom; Yours and Taehyung's...." She chirped. What!?

Are they gonna share a bedroom ? Guess we'll find out. Stay tuned !