Revelation 🪻

Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life
into a golden haze.

Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze

It's a picture of Taehyung and...me!?

"Eomma this picture?" I enquired. She squinted her eyes and took a good look at the picture. "This...this is Taehyung's childhood friend. She was the only one he ever talked to as a teenager." She spoke, and her eyebrows knitted up as she kept on trying to remember who the little girl was.

"Taehyung's Father was abusive and that affected him a lot. He was really close to her but she moved away which left him in a terrible state." She paused. "He didn't even talk to anyone for months." She mumbled out, sadly. She doesn't remember that the little girl is me. I remember that we had to move from Korea because of the debts and we didn't inform anyone about moving away.

"And who's this little kid, Eomma?" I pointed out the picture in which Taehyung was maybe 8 years old or so and he was hugging a little boy. "That's his brother, Taemin." She answered. "But I didn't see him at the wedding." I stated. "Taemin, p-passed away." She stammered. My eyes widened in shock. His father abused him and his little brother had passed away?

My heart churned in pain. I can't even imagine the pain he had to go through. I noticed a photo with an old lady and Taehyung. I saw a ring on her finger and I took a close look at it. I gasped when I realized that it's the same ring I've always had with me. "Eomma, who's this?" I sounded.

"Oh that's my mother, Taehyung was really close to her and you see that sapphire ring, it costs millions. It's a family heirloom but it went missing 10 years ago." She explained. I clutched my hands together to hide the ring from her view. Taehyung has been the boy I've been dreaming about all these years. He's the one I've been somehow missing. "He's been through a lot...I hope you'll love him and give him a chance. I know I sound selfish but it's a request from a mother who can't watch her son suffering anymore." She took both my hands in hers.

"He's more cheerful these days because of you. I'm begging you, please give him a chance." She pleaded. Her eyes trickled with tears. "Eomma, I love him." I finally said it. Her eyes widened slightly. "In this past month, I've seen a new side of him which made me fall for him. I know he can get angry sometimes but I'll manage." She sighed in relief and pulled me in for a hug. I rubbed her back to sooth her. "I'll go look for Taehyung, Eomma." I reassured her and walked out of the room.

I walked to our bedroom and peeked in; he wasn't there. I looked into the study; he wasn't there. I peered through the large glass window that overviewed the garden; he wasn't there. Where was he? I finally asked Eunji who was passing by. "Ajumma! Have you seen Taehyung?" I enquired.

"Master went to his personal library." She informed. I nodded and thanked her. On my way to the library, the empty hallways caught my eye. Why is it so silent in here? I finally reached the wooden door as per Eunji's instructions. I knocked once. Twice. But no response. I turned the handle of the door and it opened up.

"Taehyung...." I called him out. The dim light in the room made everything hard to tell apart. I walked in further but the click of the door closing automatically made me flinch. Stupid door. I got closer to a wooden desk and saw Taehyung lying down his head on the surface. I got near him and nudged his shoulder lightly. He lifted up his head slowly.

The strong smell of alcohol hit my nose and I could tell that he's drunk. His eyes were swollen and bloodshot. Was he crying? He pushed the chair back and stood up...well tried to stand up. He stumbled back and almost hit the chair, but I caught his hand and pulled him closer. He leaned on me, pushing me with his body weight. He's heavy.

He held my shoulders abruptly and looked up into my eyes. "Why...why did you leave me?" He questioned in a soft tone which was unusual. His eyes were teary. His tears were like crystals as it shone under the dim light. "Why d-did you have to l-leave me too?" He stuttered, his face inches away from mine.

I looked away, swiftly. I lifted his one hand up and put it around my shoulders while my both hands tried to balance him. I took a few steps and he complied. He took slow steps with me. His weight was killing me. God. We walked like that for about 10 minutes and finally reached our bedroom.

He was mumbling something all along. I pushed in the password and got us both in. I pulled him to the bed but he wasn't cooperative at all. Pulling him by his hand, I dropped him on the bed and sighed. Ugh my back. He pulled off his T-shirt from his body and threw it in a corner. I was about to walk away but his cold hands gripped my hand.

 I was about to walk away but his cold hands gripped my hand

His grip was strong and desperate. It was as if he was afraid if had let me go, I would disappear from this world. He pulled me in and I collapsed on his chest. I looked up at his face and met with his tired eyes. "I love you..." His raspy voice came out. His dark orbs were staring into mine. "You're drunk, Taehyung." I turned my face away from him. I pushed him slightly which made him lay on the bed. His eyes slowly closed as I saw his body relaxing, I picked up an end of the silky black duvet and covered him partially with it. I inhaled sharply. How I wish the words you just said had even a bit of truth in it....

 How I wish the words you just said had even a bit of truth in it

Hope you guys enjoyed. Stay tuned !