Vulnerable 🪻

Love does not consist in gazing at each other,
but in looking outward together in the same direction.

I picked up three plates and walked to the kitchen but to my bad luck, I tripped on the carpet and the plates I carried crashed on the ground

I picked up three plates and walked to the kitchen but to my bad luck, I tripped on the carpet and the plates I carried crashed on the ground. I tried to balance myself by pressing my hands on the floor. But the sharp pieces of ceramic pierced through my skin. "Ah!" a cry left my mouth. I felt a pair of cold hands around my waist. I was picked up by Taehyung in bridal style. "Hazel! Gwenchana?" Mom asked, worried.
(Hazel, are you okay?)

"Ne Eomma..." I whimpered, not to make her worried. I clutched my hand in pain and winced. He carried me into our bedroom and gently placed me on the bed. I clutched my hand gently, trying to stop the blood from dripping. Taehyung rushed towards me with a first aid box. He kneeled down near me and started treating the wound.

He wiped the blood with cotton, I hissed in pain

He wiped the blood with cotton, I hissed in pain. His eyes showed concern....for a sec my bleeding hand wasn't a part of my concern. My eyes were stuck on him. How dumb have I turned to fall for him. The guy I hated is now the guy I adore the most. Oh how misleading these feelings are.

To him, I'm just a burden; a gold digger to be precise. My heart is hollow, and only you can fill it, yet it remains empty. He bandaged up my wound and looked up. I averted my gaze from him. "Th-Thank you..." I mumbled. He walked out without another word. Am I that bad of a person that you have to turn away from me like this...?

Taehyung's pov

What am I doing? Caring for her? What has gotten into me these days? She's on my mind, all the time. Even in the early mornings. Just as I open my eyes, my heart searches for her. Some part of me, always hopes that I get a glimpse of her. In the past month, I've seen her care for Eomma. I made sure that the love she's portraying isn't a lie. But my mind doesn't allow me to trust her...no matter how much I try, she's just my arranged wife who's here for my money but look at me, falling for her who'll never have any feelings for me...

My heart....why is it beating so fast just because of her gaze on me...what is this feeling? My thoughts were cut off when I bumped onto someone muscular, which caused me to stumble a bit but I regained my posture to look at the person. "Jungkook." I called him to get his attention as he seemed to be lost somewhere. He smiled at me but I knew something was off.

"Seems like you're not just acting like you love her." He smirked at me, playfully. "You're mistaken. I just had make Eomma believe it, that's why I took her to the bedroom." I responded. "Oh yeah? Then who bandaged her hand?" He pointed towards our room. I turned around and saw her near the door. I looked at Jungkook who raised an eyebrow at me. I heard Jungkook chuckle seeing my flustered face. "Fuck off." I gritted out. I bumped on his shoulder and walked in the opposite direction, away from her.

I stepped into my personal library and seated myself on the chair next to the desk. I lit up a cigar and took a puff. Holding the cigar between my fingers, I opened my laptop and started working to distract myself. But it wasn't working a bit, my mind was still filled with bizarre thoughts.

 "She is messing with us

"She is messing with us. I will kill her." He spoke. "No, not yet, Devon." I spoke, irritated. "I don't care if you want it or not. I remember her from the past and she's a problematic bitch. I have other ways to show her than killing her." He threatened. "I will deal with her." I reassured him.

Hazel's pov

I descended down the stairs in a hurry and went to Eomma. She was sitting on the couch in the living room. I walked to her and stood in front of her. "I'm sorry..." I mumbled to her. She immediately stood up from the couch and held my shoulders. "Why are you apologizing, Haze?" She asked me, confused.

"Umm for making a mess back there." I said hesitantly. "There's no need for that." She spoke, her eyes peered softly into mine. "Taehyung doesn't love you, does he?" She asked abruptly. I was caught off guard. I didn't have the guts to lie anymore. "I'm sorry about him." She uttered. I looked at her bewildered. Why is she apologizing?

"Come with me." She took my hand in hers and she lead me away from the living room. We reached near a wooden door, that looked rather old than the ones here. She opened it using a key and I followed her in. The room was small and dusty but somehow warm and comforting. She took an old book from the shelves and strode towards me.

She handed me the book. "Open it and take a look." She suggested. I looked at her for a sec and proceeded with her instructions. The dusty book had many photos inside. I took the book to a wooden table set inside the room.

I turned the pages as I saw many pictures of Taehyung from his childhood

I turned the pages as I saw many pictures of Taehyung from his childhood. "It's you and Taehyung." I smiled. She returned the smile and giggled as if recollecting the memories. Him, hugging Eomma and a little boy. I wonder who that is. These photos were damaged but somehow held so many emotions. I looked through the photos but my eyes caught one particular photo. The room fell into stunned silence as the shocking revelation hung in the air.

It was a picture of Taehyung and....me!?

Hope you guys enjoyed. Stay tuned !