Chapter 5.

"What?" Fate and Sera said together. Old Man Time moaned grievously.

"It's Lucifer," Rosalyn said, pointing a shaking hand at the first Time Frame when everything exploded.

Sera and Fate walked over. Old Man Time stayed on the ground, crying softly.

"I recognize him from when we first came in," she said. "I saw the Time Frame when he was ejected from Heaven."

Fate and Sera leaned in, their faces nearly touching the Time Frame. They both squinted.

"Where?"

"There, above that building. See?"

It took a few times of the Frame replaying before Fate pointed suddenly. "There!"

"Yes; see?!"

"I still don't see it," Sera said.

"Right before the flash of light. You have to watch closely. He appears for just a second and then is gone."

When it replayed, Sera crinkled his nose. "That black speck? That tiny, tiny, little black speck? You're honestly trying to tell me you recognize that as Lucifer?"

"I've never seen him before today," Rosalyn admitted, biting her bottom lip, "I mean, aside from the old statues and paintings that are left up in Heaven of him. But I'm sure; I'd recognize that silver hair anywhere."

Sera shook his head, rubbing his eyes. "Your eye sight must be much better than mine. Between how quickly he, or whatever that is, comes and goes, and how small it is in the frame, I can't make out any distinguishing features at all."

"You are sure that is him?" Fate questioned.

"I'm sure," Rosalyn replied. "I—I felt bad for him. When he Fell."

Sera frowned at her and gave her a harsh look. Rosalyn looked at him defiantly.

"That doesn't mean I'm going to Turn. I wouldn't risk the chance of Falling. I like my wings white, thank you very much."

Regretfully, she glanced back at the Time Frame. "All I know is that I connected with him in that brief moment when I watched the Frame, and I'd recognize him anywhere now."

Suddenly, Sera reached down and roughly grabbed Old Man Time by the arm. "Well, if anyone is going to recognize Lucifer, it's you. Come on, get up, quit your crying now. It's time for work."

Old Man Time stared vacantly at the Time Frame. Sera pointed.

"Is that indeed Lucifer?"

Sniffing, Time reached out his hand. Gently he touched the Frame and closed his eyes. When the spec appeared and then disappeared, Time quickly removed his hand before the explosion. To everyone's surprise he stumbled, and Sera caught him.

He was no longer crying but panting heavily as though he had just ran a marathon. Sweat immediately sprung from his pores, running in rivulets down his heavily-wrinkled face. It dripped into his massive beard like dew in grass.

"Rage," the old man croaked. He definitely sounded in desperate need of water. "So much rage. So much undiluted, insane rage."

Slowly, he opened his vacant eyes, staring directly at Sera. "Yes—that was Lucifer."

Fate came around and gently took Time by the shoulders. A wooden folding chair suddenly appeared, and he gently guided the old man to sit. He then looked at Sera and Rosalyn, whispering to them.

"He can feel whatever happens in the Frame. I am happy he took his hand away in time for the explosion.I think it would have killed him, all those lives suddenly gone—"