Chapter 11.

It wasn't long before Sires had his gentle life shattered once again. He returned home from work like always, eager to see Heather. Before he even entered the house, though, he knew something was wrong. The door was open, hanging crooked on the hinges. Veins turning into icicles, Sires entered his home and quickly shut the door as best he could behind himself.

Blood was everywhere. The place had been ransacked, purposely destroyed, but nothing was stolen. He knew this without even having to check. Sires ran around the small house, checked every nook for his wife, but she was gone. Finally he found a note on the nightstand, the only area in the entire place that hadn't been touched. With a shaking hand, Sires picked up a folded piece of paper. It was only two words:

Found you.

The voice in his head-the voice that had been silent now for years-began to cackle. Sires pushed the blood stained bed to the side, revealing a square of carpet that had been cut out. He ripped this up, revealing some loose floorboards. Pulling those up as well, Sires was happy to find his sword still right where he had hid it.

He spent the rest of the night on the floor, stroking his sword, whispering to himself in the darkness all the horrible things he was going to do to X when he found him.

Sires was a man possessed. He was going to find X or die trying. Sires went to anyone who would listen to him, gathering information. Usually he had to torture people to get the information he wanted, and if they were completely uncooperative, he outright killed them. He started with the dregs, the drug cartels, working his way up until he finally caught a sniff as to where X might be.

It took half a year, but Sires finally found X in Siberia. Sires had caught wind that X was personally overseeing a shipment that was being delivered. This was highly irregular, and only under extreme circumstances did X personally oversee anything.

Idly Sires wondered, as he easily murdered the guards stationed outside of the warehouse, what was being delivered. As he ran the last security guard through with his sword, letting their lifeless body drop to the ground, he decided he didn't give a damn. It didn't matter. Nothing mattered, except that X was going to die.

Sires slid open the barn-like door. In the room stood X, a body guard, and two other people. X was signing a clipboard, and they all stopped to look at Sires.

"I told you," X snapped irritably, "I was not to be-"

X cut himself off, his mouth forming a small 'o'. Sires laughed along with the voice in his head. The men surrounding X, all of them, pulled out guns.

"Wait!" X screamed before anyone pulled the trigger. When no one shot, X spoke more calmly. "Wait."

The room froze. X held out the clip board to the man immediately to his right. When the man didn't take it, X hit him in the head with it.

"Take it and leave."

"But sir-" another one of the men started.

"All of you," X snarled, "get out!"

"But-"

X flung the clipboard, grabbed a gun from one of the men, and shot the last man who said 'but' in the head. Sires was admittedly surprised; in all his years of knowing X he had never actually seen the man kill anyone.

The remaining three men stumbled back, shocked, as X waved his newly proffered gun at them. "This transaction is over!"

"I'll say," one of the men said, "you just shot the dealer-"

X shot the speaking man in the head, turning to the remaining two. One of them dropped his gun and fled. The other, who Sires abruptly realized was Matt, stood still, but said nothing.