Part IV, Chapter 1. Ghosts

--LosAngeles, California, USA–

Grey eyes opened slowly, staring up at the bedroom ceiling. "Today is going to be a bad day."

Another pair of eyes, green, fluttered open. They drifted over to the man who had spoken–the one with the grey eyes–and smiled before closing his eyes again. "Mmm. What did you say?"

The first pair of eyes blinked. Turning his head, Hakan answered seriously. "Today is going to be a bad day."

"Mmm," Vincent replied with a grin, turning onto his side. He propped up his head in his palm, the other hand tracing over Hakan's bare chest. "Is it now?"

Hakan merely stared at the ceiling.

"And what tells you this, hmm?" Vincent teased his husband. "Your crystal ball? Your tarot cards?"

Hakan looked at him. "I'm being serious."

Vincent moved on top of Hakan. Hakan stared up at him, eyes wide, mouth partially opened. Vince smiled sweetly, entwining his fingers with Hakans. "Well, how can I make you not serious, Hakan?"

Hakan frowned, going back to staring at the ceiling over Vincent's bare shoulder.

Vincent moved down, kissing up Hakan's mid-section, then along his chest and shoulder. Pressing his weight against Hakan, he kissed along his jaw and then nibbled on his earlobe. "Let's make a good morning, okay?"

When Hakan continued to just stare at the ceiling, Vincent gently moved Hakan's head. Blinking, Vincent looked down at Hakan, deep concern on his face. "Hey...what's going on with you? Are you alright?"

Hakan blinked several times. His eyes focused then and he smiled, almost as though seeing Vince for the first time that day. Wrapping his arms around Vince's neck, he pulled him down and kissed him. "I'm fine. Now–what about having a good morning?"

Grinning, Vince kissed him passionately.

Later, Hakan was sitting on the bed as Vince stood in front of the closet getting dressed. He had on black socks, his briefs, and was currently buttoning the sleeves on his dress shirt. Hakan, still undressed completely, stared at his back.

"What did you mean before?" Vince questioned.

Hakan blinked and shook his head, feeling as though in a fog. "I'm sorry–what?"

Vince turned around, smiling at Hakan. "Earlier you said today was going to be bad. Why did you say that?"

"Oh." Hakan's unusual eyes dropped to the ground. They were unusual given he was Turkish, and most people from that region had dark eyes. He sort of shuddered, and shook his head. "I don't...I'm not sure, really."

Vincent, looking concerned, went and sat next to Hakan. For a moment the pair sat in silence. Then Vincent nudged Hakan with his shoulder. Hakan looked at him and grinned.

"There," Vince said with a soft smile. "That's better."

"I d'no," Hakan admitted, getting to his feet. He walked to the closet, frowning at the clothes hanging before him and then snapping through them. "I just have this really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. It just hit me right when I woke up."

Vince, who was pulling on khaki slacks, looked at him. "Alright I know I was teasing you before, but do you think it's got to do with the new stuff you've been practicing?"

Finally just pulling out whatever, Hakan started to dress. "It might be."

Vincent cocked an eyebrow. "Did you want to do a quick reading before work? Might make you feel better."