Epilogue

--New Zealand--

Sera stood on a cliff, hands in his pockets. The breeze blew his hair, bringing with it the smell of the ocean that stretched out before him. It was peaceful here--the ground firm beneath his feet, the clear blue sky outstretching out endlessly above him. Though he couldn't see for himself, his eyes were the exact color of the ocean's waves.

Without needing to look, he sensed someone's presence behind him. For a moment he stood, not wanting to shatter the relaxing silence.

Fate took a step forward, standing next to Sera. He too looked out at the ocean. Sera didn't acknowledge him. The pair stood, silently together, enjoying the peace.

"Thank you for meeting me," Sera finally said.

"Of course."

Sera looked to his left and then his lips parted in surprise. Fate was dressed differently--very differently. He wore a green Hawaiian shirt, a pair of khaki shorts, and tan sandals.

The look of surprise disappeared and Sera smirked, looking back out to the sea. "That's quite the look, Fate."

"With everything that has happened I decided it was time to treat myself to a long overdue vacation."

Sera looked at him, still smirking. "And God's okay with this...hiatus?"

Fate's lip twitched, his eyes narrowing slightly. "God and I are not on speaking terms exactly, currently."

Sera looked over the edge. He kicked a small rock, watching it tumble away. "Ah. That's a shame."

Fate shrugged. "I put the pawns in place to kill His first son. I worked with Time and Death to restore Los Angeles to its proper state. I brought mortals to Purgatory, allowed them to cross the River Styx. Twice. I pulled a lot of strings to erase people's memory here on The Surface of what transpired."

Fate sighed. "You know how God is--even when things do not go according to Plan, He does not like the outcomes changed too drastically." Fate's brow furrowed. "No...I do not believe I will be speaking with God for a very, very long time."

Sera was genuinely surprised. "If you don't mind me asking...what happens with your post?"

Fate looked at Sera, proffering a smile. "Don't know, don't care."

For a moment Sera looked stunned. Then he laughed. "I think that's the first time I've heard you use a contraction."

Fate ginned coyly. "Do not get used to it...That was forced."

Sera looked at Fate squarely then, squinting at him against the sunlight. He grew serious.

"What happened to Lucifer after that day, Fate?"

Fate nodded curtly. "He is--contained." He looked at Sera, providing a reassuring look. "He is being watched over in a see-through coffin with constant vigilance. If he ever wakes up, he will be dealt with."

Silence.

"God sent you to speak with me, did He not?" Fate said finally, the words laced with contempt.

Sera turned to Fate. "How is everyone doing?"

Fate folded his arms, looking perturbed. "For their help, and as part of reversing what happened, I restored Hakan and Vince to their proper mortal selves. Raven is living with Sapphire; it was decided his soul may remain intact. Marcus and Sires have quickly become best friends--I think it might be good for Sires' mental health. Zoe has been provided comfortable conditions." Fate looked back to the sea. "Jeanette has been returned to her family. All is well."