Chapter 2

"Dead people receive more flowers than living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude"                                                                                 _Anne Frank

                                                                                 _Anne Frank.

Upon reaching the Diner I looked around to find it almost empty as usual. People mostly come for some drinks and snacks at this hour, but in the evening it's the busiest ever.

Business men usually hold meetings here, make reservations, or rich people celebrate their birthdays here and everything. It's a medium sized Diner that can hold a good amount of people, without it getting suffocating.

Sliding in the staff room to change into my uniform I smiled at my co-worker Alice but she doesn't return it instead she snorted at me and rushed out the changing room. Did I do something to upset her?

Picking up my uniform which is a knee length black skirt with white blouse and an apron around my waist I took my notepad and went outside and stood on my respective position by the counter. If someone needs assistance they would usually ring the small bell on the table or just whistle if they have no manners.

As another co-worker carried a tray of fries and different types of juices my stomach growled like a beast. I haven't eaten in days, I don't even remember the taste of fries anymore and I miss it.

"Delilah go attend the customer at table 4" my manager told me and I nodded at her and walked towards the table.

My eyes fell on a very familiar face making me inwardly hiss in annoyance.

"Morning hot stuff, I love when you attend to me everytime I come here, like I'm someone special" Darren spoke and his friends chuckled making me wanna scurry away from this group of boys.

Darren was an old friend of Tyler's. When I first started going out with him, Darren used to come over all the time, he even tried to kiss me a bunch of times and each time I got in trouble for refusing him.

"You especially asked for me, so I have to attend you" I mumbled but it was loud enough for him and his friends to hear because they all gasped, in shock I presume, because no one talks back to Darren, or the outcome isn't pretty and I know that because I experienced it first hand.

His face changed from playful to anger and I regreted ever opening my mouth in front of him. Great job.

"I haven't been visiting you alot lately am I cunt? I think I should pay my old friend a visit tonight, need to teach his little bitch a lesson" he chuckled to his friends and fear flowed through my body hearing his sinister laugh.

I don't think tonight's gonna be a night I'd wanna remember.

"C-Can I take your order p-please?" I stuttered, my eyes on the floor and the notepad in my shaky hands.