Chapter 16

"When I saw you I fell in love,And you smiled because you knew

And you smiled because you knew.."
                                 –William Shakespeare

I almost kissed her, I can't believe I was so close but I didn't kiss her?

Why the fuck did I not?

Holding her in my arms I felt a weird sense of warmth travel across my body, she molded right into my arms as if she was mad to be held in my arms.

Letting out a frustrated sigh I run my fingers through my hair, I need to do something about that elevator.

I was deep in my thoughts when the door knocked, and with those soft and gentle knocks I knew it was her.

"Come in" I say and the door opens and she walks in with a couple of files in her hands, her coat was now gone, hair tied in a low pony tail and a light shade of red tinting her chubby cheeks, making her look adorable as fuck.

"These are the blueprints of your new hotel in Chicago, it needs your signature of approval and these are the papers Mr&Mrs Geroge sent for the gala approval" she rushes her words out and slide the files across the table, not once looking at me and I didn't miss the way she was nibbling her lip and avoiding eye contact, she does that when she's nervous.

"I'll look through them, till then print these out and drop them over to Micah's office" I tell her and slide a USB on the table that she pick up with a quite node, still not looking at me.

"Ms Miller, did you eat?" I ask, suddenly feeling desperate for her to look at me the way she did in the elevator.

"I will sir" she replied with her eyes still glued to the floor.

"Delilah" my voice comes out harsher then I intended but she snap her eyes to me instantly, finally.

"Eyes on me while I'm talking to you, hm?" I say leaning forward on my desk and the redness on her cheeks only darken while she played with the USB in her hands

I think I made my dove shy.

"Now I'll have someone bring you breakfast in your office, make sure you eat it, ok?" I tell her.

"Y- Yes Sir" she stutter and with a quick bow and rushes out of the office and I couldn't help but chuckle. Too cute.

My patience has been wearing thin, I'm feeling desperate to hold her close, the need to feel her next to me has been growing stronger and I don't know what to do about it, because if I start acting out on my emotions, I'll definitely scare her away.

I need to be patient with my little dove.

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠
Delilah

I rush to my office, my heart was thudding fast in my chest as if I ran a marathon.

After the elevator incident, I felt a strong desire to be held in his arms again, it was strange, the warmth, the comfort his large frame offered me. I never felt that way before and it was scary.