Chapter 21

"I only sleep to dream of forever with you"

Her scream terrified me, the pain in her scream shook me to my very core, I ran upstairs as the screams only grew louder.

I ran as fast as my feet allowed me to with my blood turning cold. In this very moment all I could hear was her screams, her helpless, painful screams that haunt me to this day.

Kicking open the door of my bedroom I ran my eyes across the room just to find her in the very corner, crying and screaming in obvious pain.

Running towards her I inspect her for any injury, any source of pain but I couldn't find any.

"Delilah what's wrong?!" I rush my words out loud and grab her shoulders, hoping to grab her attention but she never stopped crying and kept pulling onto her shirt.

"It burns!" She cries louder and I immediately rip open her shirt and that's when I realized.

She wasn't hurt, but she was hallucinating.

Her entire torso was covered in cigarette burns, she was reliving those memories and reliving the pain, and there's no one else to blame but me, all of this is the side effect of the drugs I gave her in hopes to heal her, instead I made her relive her nightmares.

"What's going on?!" Micah rushed forward as I picked her up in my arms and rushed towards the bathroom.

"I fucked up" I grumble and his features shifted from confused to annoyance, and I knew he figured it out.

Rushing past him I kick open the bathroom door and hurry inside.

Turning on the shower I quickly stand under the pouring cold water with Delilah still in my arms.

And as soon as the cold water hit her she gasped and snap her eyes open, finally coming back to reality.

"You're okay, it was just a bad dream" I whisper and her eyes shifted to me and her bottom lip quivered.

Slowly lowering her down to her feet I don't fully let her go but hold her to my chest till her whimpers stop.

When her sniffles stopped I gently pulled away from her, she wasn't crying anymore nor did she seem to be in pain. But I know damn well that she's going through hell from the inside. She was zoned out, she was awake but not really present in the moment, I am familiar with that feeling all too well and it kills me to see her like this.