Chapter 3

"You can't go back and change the beginningBut you can start where you are And change the ending"-C

But you can start where you are
And change the ending"
-C.S.Lewis

I sat in my car, waiting impatiently by the Diner my little beauty worked at. She was awfully late today and for some reason it was only making me anxious. Get your shit together, she'll be here soon.

I sighed and popped a cigarette inbetween my lips lighting it up, sucking in the intoxicating smoke while my mind drifted off to the day I first saw her.

3 years ago, that's when I first saw her.

It was winter, close to Christmas and we were in Greece for a business meeting. And after we got done, Micah was apparently hungry, he's never full, so we ended up going to the closest Diner.

Upon entering I could feel a bunch of eyes on me, I knew I had an effect on the ladies but in my line of work, love is a waste of time nothing else. I was never the one to believe in love or soulmate.

"Didn't I tell you man, I'm quite an eye candy, delicious to look at" Micah whispered from beside me.

"Do you ever not think of food Mickey? I swear I don't get how you're still in shape after consuming the amount of food you do" I asked genuinely confused and he only laughed.

"Hey I ain't telling you my secrets dude, there's a reason I'm the more handsome one out the both of us" he said raising his chin up earning an eye roll from me.

"Let's get that pit hole of yours full because I'm not stopping the car till we reach the airport, so eat as much as you want right now" I said and walked over to an empty table but since I wasn't paying attention to where I was going I bumped into someone and I heard the most cutest sound making me look over at whoever it was.

Looking down I saw the most beautiful, tiniest angel standing there looking at me with her big doe eyes that would cause anyone's heart to do a fucking backflip.

She had the most angelic features and the most pure look on her face. Like a Dove.

"I'm so s-sorry sir" she apologised and god, was her voice like a melody to my ears?

I was so lost in her eyes that before I could say anything she quickly walked away from me. Leaving me dumbstruck. Already longing to stare into her innocent eyes, to hear her once more.

"Dude, she's gone, let's get food" Micah spoke pulling me out of my thoughts and I absentmindedly nodded.

I was hoping for her to come take our order but I didn't see her again while we were there.

Afterwards I dropped Micah off at the airport and decided to extend my stay in Greece and booked a hotel not far from that Diner.

Next day I went there but for some reason I didn't had the courage to go in so I just sat in my car and everytime she'd come out to throw the trash away, or help elderly women with the door, my day would just brighten up.