Chapter 12

"On my silent days, I miss you a little louder"

Life gives you lessons that no one else can..

"You hit Anderson!?" Micah's voice boomed through the walls of my room with him busting in while I was trying to have a peaceful drink.

"Remind me to take my keys away from you" I mutter before gulping the remaining of my drink and Micah scoff.

"Why did you even hit him?" he inquire and I shrug before pouring myself another drink.

"He's lucky he left with just a bloody lip, if he would've stayed for another 5 minutes, he'd be leaving in a body bag" I mutter and Micah knew I wasn't talking metaphorically.

"What happened?" He asked and I knew he's not getting off my back till I tell him.

"He disrespected Delilah" I answer him and my blood boiled when I remembered how that fucker asked to buy her off my hands for his bloody auction next month.

"And for that you punch him, kick him out and cut off all ties with him?" He asked, clearly shocked and I put down my drink to look him in the eyes before speaking.

"No one disrespect what's mine and gets away with it, no one"

He let out a shaky breath before taking a seat at the foot of my bed and by the look on his face I knew he had lots to say but was holding back.

"Spill" I say and he look my way before shaking his head.

"You need to get over your obsession with that girl Nathan, for your and her sake" he mumble and I frown at his words.

"Where's this coming from?"

"Can't you see it?" he sigh and stands up "she's bringing out the side of you I haven't seen in years, the side you left behind, the part of us we both swore off years ago after lizzie's-"

"Enough" I grumble, cutting him off before he finish that sentence.

"Nathan I'm just saying-"

"I told you to never bring her up, ever" I mutter with my jaw clenched.

"But-"

"Leave, Micah" I exasperate and Micah let out a tired sigh before walking out of my room, leaving me alone.

"It hurts Nate, it hurts so bad.."

I clenched my eyes shut, trying to block off her cries, the voices and images of that day, the day my soul was ripped to shreds.

A day that still haunts me..

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
Delilah