Chapter 15

"We are all bad in someoneElse's story"                       — Niyaz Ahmed

Else's story"
                       — Niyaz Ahmed

Later
That
Day

I've always dreaded going back to my place but the fact that I'd get to see her, just the mere thought of being in the same house as her had my heart pumping faster.

With an unknown smile and a giddy feeling in my stomach I walk inside my house, hoping to see her, but I was disappointed when the house seemed quiet and empty.

"Where's Micah?" I ask the first maid I saw who was rushing towards the kitchen.

Seeing me she stopped in her tracks and lowered her head before speaking.

"Mr Collins and Miss Delilah went out half an hour ago, he told me to inform you" she said and I gave her a nod dismissing her.

Went out? Why didn't he tell me?

Letting out a sigh I climb up the stairs and before going to my room I went to stop by the room Delilah was staying in, finding the door half open I decided to peek inside. This is invading her privacy.

I chuckle at my thoughts as if this is something new for me, when it comes to her there's nothing that'll stop me, nothing.

Looking inside her room I had to fight my urge to go in and lie down in her bed, I didn't want her walking in on me like that so I walk back towards my room.

I never wanted her to stay in a room that's not mine, but the circumstances forced me to give her another room since I couldn't just make her sleep next to me or better yet, in my arms.

Shaking my head I push open my bedroom's door and walk in.

Sitting at the foot of my bed I dial Micah's cell and he picked up almost immediately.

"Two time's in one day, am I dying?" He gasp dramatically and I roll my eyes.

"Where you at?" I ask.

"I'm out with your girl" he tease and I frown.

"Micah" I warn and he started laughing.

"Jeez man, relax, she won a bet in UNO, so I had to get her some ice cream, she's in the shop right now, wait I'll show you" he said and the line went dead.

Hardly a few seconds later my phone dinged indicating a new message from Micah.

Opening the picture he sent me I couldn't fight my smile, she was standing by the till, a cone in her hands and a big smile on her face, my dove.

After staring at her picture for an abnormal amount of time, I shut it off and got up to freshen up.

Walking in the bathroom I strip out of my clothes and walk under the running water with her thoughts still lingering in my mind.