Chapter 22

"I fell in love with the way you touched meWithout using your hands"

Without using your hands"

That one text from Micah had me bolting out of the basement. My blood was running thin, every horrible scenario possible was running through my head.

Running into the house I bumped straight into Micah, he was out of breath as if he ran down here.

"What's going on, where's Delilah?" I asked him and he was trying to catch his breath.

"She's locked up in your bathroom" he rushed his words out and my panic rises.

"What happened Micah?" I urge him and he shakes his head. "No time to explain right now Nathan, she took the drugs with her and if you don't get her out now she'll OD!" He gushed in fright.

I darted up the stairs with Micah right on my heels. Kicking open my room I rush towards the bathroom from where I could hear a faint cry of Delilah.

"Delilah?" I called out and twisted the handle but it was locked "Delilah, open the door" I holler but she didn't respond to me, all I could hear was rustling of a bag.

"We need to break down the door" Micah suggested.

"No, she's already panicking, the banging will make it worse, get me a screwdriver and a paperclip" I ordered him and he run out without another question.

"Delilah, can you hear me?" I press my hands against the door and call out to her "open the door Delilah, let me help you, please" I basically beg to her but she didn't respond, every passing second was putting her in more danger.

My hands were itching to break this fucking door down but she have the drugs, she's panicking and I don't wanna do something that'll endanger her further more, I won't be able to ever forgive myself.

"Here!" Micah runs back in my room and hands me a flathead screwdriver and a paper pin.

Grabbing them off his hands I kneel down Infront of the door and started working on the locked door.

As soon as the locked clicked open I pushed open the door just to find her sitting in the bath tub with a syringe in her hands, I was relieved to see she hadn't injected herself yet.

"Wait outside, I don't want her to get overwhelmed" I tell Micah and close the door behind me as I cautiously walk inside. Her teary eyes stared at me with panic and pure fear and it shattered my soul, I'll take any torture but I can't stand seeing her like this.

"I-I don't know how-" she cried in frustration and her grip on the syringe only tightened and that's when I saw my reflection in her, she reminded me of how I forced myself down that dark path and I can't allow her to go down the same path as me, that darkness is not for her.

Slowly walking to her I climbed in the bathtub with her, I didn't try to take the syringe out of her hand, it was too risky, so I approached with my safest bet.