Chapter 20

"I would choose you in every lifetime"-Nathan Pierce Knight

-Nathan Pierce Knight

I walk out of the bathroom feeling somewhat relaxed, but I frown when my eyes fall on my bed, empty. Where'd she go?

Panic began to set in and I rush out of my room, not even caring to put on a shirt.

"Delilah?" I holler out her name and push open the door of her room but it was empty.

My panic was rising, she wasn't in a state to even sit properly, where could she have gone? Did Micah take her somewhere?

Walking down the stairs I rush into the living room but yet again I was disappointed. Then I heard rustling coming from the kitchen so I rushed there and that's when my eyes fell on her.

She stood by the counter with a bag in her hands.

Walking closer I realized those were the drugs.

"Dove?" I call her out, making sure that my voice was low enough to not startle her.

She lazily drag her eyes off the bag and rest them on me, a tired smile on her face and by her eyes I could tell she wasn't aware of what's going on around her or what she's doing.

"I couldn't sleep" she whisper, her voice raspy and tired. The bags under her eyes were proof enough that she's been at war with herself and it kills me that I can't help her.

Walking towards her I gently take the bag out of her hands and just then she roll up her sleeve and hold her arm out for me and it shattered a piece of my heart.

Even in this state she's starting to realize that these drugs are what's been fogging her nightmares, and now she wants it, and soon she'll be relying on these to silence her demons.

And right now I saw a reflection of myself in her and I don't know if what I'm doing is right, I don't know if drugging her is the right decision but I know I can't see her suffer. Do I want her to go through what I went through? No, never! But I also can't watch her suffer like this and not do anything.

Sucking in a deep breath I pick her up by sliding my hands under her arms like a child and sit her down on the counter.

Buckling a belt around her forearm I glance at her once, she wasn't looking down at me, instead she was facing the other way with her eyes shut tight.

This will be the last time Dove, I can't let you rely on these anymore, and I hope you forgive me for this.

Letting out a breath I carefully push the needle in and I don't miss her little wince that didn't fail to clench my heart.