Chapter 6

"Some eyes touch you more than hands ever could"-Via Ellayyah

-Via Ellayyah

I woke up extra early today. Not by choice but because of my never ending nightmares. If its not about that night then it's about Tyler.

It's like he's mocking me, that even tho I escaped him, he still haunts my dreams.

Since I woke up at 3 am and I don't have to leave till 6 I had lots of time to kill, so I decided to try and get back to sleep. I don't wanna look like a zombie on my first day at work.

After tossing and turning right and left for half an hour I managed to get back to sleep.

~~~~~~

I don't know how long I slept for but the bright sunlight emerging through the window woke me up and I immediately shot up, shit I'm late!

Clicking on my phone to check the time my heart dropped to my stomach. 8:35. Shit shit!

Rushing around the place and getting dressed I left my apartment in a hurry and ran down the side road looking for a cab.

After 5 minutes of running around I finally found a cab but my panic was rising with every passing second. I'm gonna be fired on my very first day, new record Delilah, and not a very good one.

After a long 20 min ride I finally reached the building and rushed inside. Everyone was busy doing their assigned work.

Rushing into the elevator I clicked on the top floor where the main office was while I stood in the elevator tapping my foot on the marble floor getting anxious. I'm not a big fan of elevators or any confined places. How long is this going to take?

When the elevator finally dinged I could feel my heart beating itself madly against my ribcage.

Deep breaths Delilah, deep breaths.

Sucking inna deep breath I fixed my skirt and walked towards the office and with each step my heartbeat only got louder that I could easily hear it.

Letting out a shaky breath I knocked on the door and heard a rough 'come in'

Twisting the doorknob I walked in the office to find Mr. Knight furiously typing on his laptop, a deep scowl on his face, his jaw tightly clenched and his eyes narrowed on the screen. Boy he does not seem in a good mood.

"First day and you're 1 and a half hour late Ms Miller" he muttered, not once taking his eyes off the screen while I stood there with my head hung low. I didn't even had a good excuse, if he fires me, I know damn well that I deserved it.