Chapter 14

"Everybody has a chapterThey don't read out loud"                   –Charlotte Bronte

They don't read out loud"
                   –Charlotte Bronte

Next
Morning

The bright light emerging through the curtains woke me up and I let out a yawn. Sleeping inna real bed, being warm all night is nothing less than a blessing to me.

Rubbing my eyes I sit up and look down at my wounded hands and realize yesterday wasn't just a dream.

Getting off the bed I lazily drag my feet across the marble floor and scoot Infront of the duffle bag that had all my belongings.

Pulling out a pair of pants and a plain white blouse to go with it, I walk towards the bathroom to get changed.

Looking myself in the mirror I hiss at how dead I look and how dark my under eyes were with all the crying.

Letting out a sigh I strip out of my previous clothes and change into my office attire.

Finding a comb in the first drawer, I began untangling my hair and an unknown smile spread on my lips when a pleasant memory f my mother invaded my thoughts.

Flash back

"Mommy, how come my hair are black and your's are yellow?" I ask, I always loved my mom's hair.

"Because your hair look like dad's sweetheart, and it's my favorite, I love my little butterfly's hair, and her smile, and her cute doe eyes, and her tiny little hands" mom said while kissing me all over my face, making me giggle and snuggle in her lap to which she let out a beautiful laugh and hugged me to her chest.

"You're my little butterfly and mom will forever love you, no matter what"

End of flash back

My eyes welled up remembering that day. My mom would be heart broken if she saw me today, because her little butterfly got her wings plunked out, her butterfly lost all reasons to smile.

Gulping down the lump forming at the back of my throat I tie my hair inna loose braid and walk out.

Climbing down the stairs I walk towards the living room, hoping to find Mr Knight there.

Walking in I found the room empty and let out a sigh. Should I wait for him here?

Before I could decide on what to do, I heard footsteps nearing the living room and I turn around to find Mr Knight and Micah walk in.

Mr Knight was dressed inna white button down shirt with a black blazer and pants, hair neatly styled back.

I snapped my eyes off him when I heard Micah's gasp.

"My god sunshine, let me look at your hands" He gasp and rush towards me and took me by surprise when he started inspecting my hands.

Letting out a nervous chuckle I let him inspect my wounds while Mr Knight stood at a good distance, a small frown sitting on his forehead while he poked the insides of his cheek with his tongue.