Chapter 7

"In a room full of art, I'd still stare at you"

I sat in my office while my little dove went through the contract, her cute button nose scrunched up making her look like an adorable kitten. My hands itched to push back the strands of her hair that escaped her ponytail and she slightly blew them away from her eyes.

I watched her for years, I always knew that she was delicate like a flower and now I can see that she's also smart. When I put that contract infront of her, for some reason I thought she'd sign it right away, but she asked to read it through and it made me proud of my little dove.

I could tell she wasn't sure about signing the contract but she did it anyways and I couldn't help but feel ecstatic.

Oh my little dove, you've just signed away yourself to me.

Leaning forward I picked the file up and ran my eyes over at her signature.

"Welcome to Pierce Corporation Ms Miller" I spoke and held my hand out for her to shake, I was desperate to feel her touch, she looked at my hand, lost in thoughts for a couple seconds before raising her own hand and resting it in my palm.

Years, I waited years to feel her touch.

I didn't realise that I was still holding onto her hand till her soft voice broke me out of my thoughts.

"Mr Knight?" Her confused voice came.

Clearing my throat I let go of her hand and she pulled it back, resting it back on her lap.

Picking a file off my desk I handed it over to her and she took it with a little frown resting on her forehead.

"There's a list of a few hundred names in that file, people that I do business with, clients and associates, but that list is all messed up" I began and she looked through the file, the shock was obvious on her face, there were like 700 names in that file, so I don't question her shock.

"There's a copy of that list in the computer in your office, arrange it alphabetically, you have a week" I explained and she somewhat relaxed after I mentioned the due date.

That list isn't even that important but I need her to get an idea of every companion and clients of this Corporation and I just wanna ease her in before giving her the difficult tasks.

"I'll start working on it right away, sir" she said and stood up and gave me a hesitant smile before walking out of my office and I let out a breath. Was I really holding my breath in? What is the matter with me?