Chapter 28

"You don't know me, you only know whatI allow you to know"                     –Unknown

I allow you to know"
                     –Unknown

"The lightning is too dull, the curtains are too light, the walls are in desperate need of a repair and repaint, why the fuck did Nathan choose this place out of a dozen others" Micah complained while we surveyed the selected venue, writing down everything that needs to be remodeled or fixed within the one and a half month of time.

          After Anderson's surprise visit yesterday, we drove miles, we didn't stop by any venue, he just drove for hours on end, he was so lost in his thoughts that I didn't complain about it. When the sun went down and we were both hungry, he stopped by Chick-fil-A and ordered take outs before heading back home. That night we both ate in our rooms seperately. Me because I needed time to think, his question still haunted me and deep down I already knew the answer, I knew there were no regrets, nothing of that sort, I was just too scared to admit to it out loud.

  This morning I woke up with him gone and an email of the venue that he had selected. When I reached the office, Micah told me that Nathan had been searching for something, something that's very important to him and he finally tracked it down to the nearest country-side which was 6 hours of drive. So he went there at the break of dawn to negotiate. I don't know how long will he be there for or when was he coming back I just wished he comes back soon, there was an unsettling feeling in my stomach, screaming, clawing my insides that something wasn't right, that something really really bad is about to happen, and I just wish Nathan was here so I could tell him that there wasn't a single moment where I regretted kissing him.

"When will he be back?" I asked Micah mindlessly and he shrugged.

"Don't know for sure but he should be back before sundown, he did leave early" he explains and I give him a subtle nod, not really satisfied with his answer.

"Can you call him?" I ask him, fiddling with the pen in my hands, I just need to hear his voice.
Micah raised a brow at me, a slight smirk on his face before he pulled his phone out and dialed Nathan's number and handed me the phone while it was still ringing.

"I'm gonna go check out the kitchen, we need to make sure these people don't feed rat shit to our guests" he said with a wink before walking away. I held the phone firmly in my hands, suddenly the huge ballroom was starting to get suffocating and unbearably hot so I walked towards the exit.
I rubbed my clammy hands on my pants and pressed the phone against my ear, with every passing ring, my heartbeat picked its pace. Then suddenly the ringing stopped and I could hear his heavy breathing and shoveling behind him and that's when I realized I had no idea what to say to him.

"Mickey?" His voice echoed through my veins and I let out a shaky breath, gathering my strength to speak.

"Delilah?"

My brows shot up in shock, how?

"Is everything ok? Where's Micah?" He rushed and the shuffling behind him completely stopped.