[ 56 ]

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
- REST IN PEACE -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

"Jake, long time no see... I miss talking to you, I miss all the moments together and I especially miss our fun we had. You know, Jake? I'm getting married! I know you liked me, but I hope you also like the fact that I'm marrying Sunghoon. If you were alive, I would have invited you and you could take me down the aisle. If only you were still alive..."

"Are you all right?" Sunghoon put a hand on Jiwoo's shoulder, who was on her knees in front of Jake's grave.

Over her shoulder, she looked up at him with tears in her eyes. She nodded. "I'm fine."

Sunghoon sighed and sat down next to Jiwoo. "I'm going to take good care of her, Jake. As good as you would want to be there for her, I would be there for her now. I'm going to try extra hard. Stay strong, Jake. We miss you and we would always love you."

Jiwoo let a tear roll down her cheek and placed a flower at Jake's grave. "Your favorites, the ones you picked for me when we were little, because you liked them so much, you said," Jiwoo smiled weakly and stood up. "Rest in peace."

-

"Fuck this shit," Jiwoo said as she plopped down on bed. She sighed deeply and closed her eyes. Her breath was audible.

Sunghoon sat down next to her and patted her stomach. "Jiwoo, sweetheart, don't worry too much, okay? I'm here with you. I am going to give you lots of care. Jake is proud of you, okay? Keep that in mind."

Jiwoo couldn't do anything but let more tears roll down her cheeks. "You just don't get it. I miss him so much. He was my bestfriend. We grew up together. We've done everything toge-"

"Shut up!" Sunghoon yelled, with a little bit of jealousy. "I do get it, Jiwoo! I do."

"Then why do you interrup me in the middle of my storytelling? I was talking and you're not even listening!"

Sunghoon ran his hands trough his hair. The tips were wet, because they were covered with sweat from the stress he had of this conversation. He sighed deeply.

So did Jiwoo. She, meanwhile, was crying the lungs out of her body. Jiwoo had more moments like these after she woke up from coma. Every single time Sunghoon tried to calm her down, nothing worked.

When she's sad, she's too selfish.

"Our wedding is soon and you're literally not caring a shit about me! Why are we even engaged?"

Ouch...

Sunghoon's heart broke into a thousand pieces.

He does care about her. He do listens to her

Then why the fuck is she talking about me like this??

Sunghoon knocked down a little coffee table next to his desk. He knew she had a lot of those attacks, but this one hurts too much.

Jiwoo flinched and hid her face behind her hands, scared.

"I care so much about you, Jiwoo!" Sunghoon screamed, causing Jiwoo to cry even louder than before. "You don't even understand what I would do for you! I would give up my life for you, I would walk trough fire for you! And yet you still don't get how much I am fucking hurt because of you!"

Jiwoo fell silent. Her sobs went quiet.

"I waited years and months for you to come back home, to wake up, just so I could propose to you! It's funny how you behave every time after we visited Jake. It's always about Jake and never about me. Was it even ever about me?"

Still a silence.

"No... I didn't think so either. Thank you, Jiwoo. For caring as much about me as I care about you."

With those harsh words, Sunghoon quickly walked out of the room and slammed the door behind is back. Only then Jiwoo started crying again.

Shit... She thought. Why am I like this?