Chapter 37

Pool of black slime in a dark red and purple land. A large paw emerges from within the slime and a Beowolf gradually crawls out, slime sliding off of it and onto the ground.

The camera pans out to show several such pools and many Beowolves emerging. It pulls further and further out to show a mostly dark and desolate land made up of red ground, purple crystals, and a red and black clouded sky.

The images shimmers and we see Mercury Black and Emerald Sustrai reflected in a window, watching from inside a high building. Emerald has her hand to her mouth while Mercury seems slightly disgusted. A gloved hand appears between two purple crystal formations and snaps its fingers.

A wide shot reveals a large windowed room, at the center of which is a long purple, crystal table. Four people sit at the table with seven chairs. One of them is Cinder Fall. Emerald and Mercury move away from the window.

There's a close-up of the man sitting across from Cinder, Arthur Watts. He is looking at his Scroll.

Next is the man to Cinder's right, Tyrian Callows. He sits in a crouch casually on his chair, resting his arms on his knees.

Across from Tyrian is Hazel Rainart. His arms are crossed, and he looks asleep.

Cinder sits quietly, while Mercury and Emerald move to her side. Emerald nudges Mercury out of her way so that she can be directly next to Cinder.

Watts: Yes, yes, please keep your posse in check.

Mercury grunts and makes a move toward Watts, but Emerald holds him back.

Watts: You hear that? Silence.

Hazel gives Watts an unimpressed sideways glance.

Watts: I've half a mind to thank the little girl that bested you.

Tyrian: If I were you, I'd hunt her down. (snicker) Find her and, well, she took your eye, didn't she?

Cinder only stares at Tyrian while he cackles at her. Cinder tries to speak but only manages to make quiet exhaling noises. Emerald leans in to hear her.

Watts: Pathetic. Why did you even—

There is a sound of a heavy metal door being unlatched. The doors open and everyone stands just before Salem enters. She glides alongside the table with soft footsteps before reaching the head of it, jewels jangling from her hair. Salem stops, facing away from them and toward a candle and crystal display.

Salem: Watts.

Watts straightens, looking toward her.

Salem: (turning) Do you find such malignance necessary?

She gestures for all to sit down.

Watts: I apologize, ma'am. I'm not particularly fond of failure.

Watts and Salem sit simultaneously.

Salem: Then I see no reason for your cruelty towards young Cinder. She's become our Fall Maiden, destroyed Beacon Tower, found the super sayain, and most importantly, killed dear Ozpin. So I'm curious, to what failures are you referring?

Watts: Well, the girl with the Silver Eyes.

Hazel: Yes. We've dealt with their kind before. How is it a novice was able to best one of us?

Watts: My thoughts exactly. Even without her new power, it should have been effortless.

Salem: It is because of the Maiden's power. Make no mistake, Cinder, you hold the key to our victory. But your newfound strength brings with it a crippling weakness. Which is why you will remain by my side as we continue your treatment. And the sayain you wouldn't be able to stand a chance unless you had all maiden powers. Now that the sayain can transform to a super sayain you stand less of a chance. I will call our ally for aid.