Chapter 107

On the path to the Crimson Castle, a toy soldier, who is drumming, leads Team RWBY who are followed by three more toy soldiers.

Yang: Uh, are we sure we should do this?

Ruby: Well, the Red King helped Alyx.

Weiss: We aren't Alyx.

As they walk, a turquoise butterfly is seen landing on top of a stone pillar.

Entering a courtyard, they see many Toy Guards lined up along the pathway. A soldier does a drumroll, and the soldiers along the path play an extravagant fanfare. Pair by pair, they step aside, making way for a rather short-statured, crowned figure dressed in royal garments who walks down to Team RWBY. They pose dramatically as the fanfare comes to an end. Team RWBY look on flabbergasted.

Ruby: You're the Red King?

Red Prince: (stammering)  How dare you! There is no King! I'm the Red Prince. Hmph! Why, I never! Coming to someone's castle without even knowing who they are, and on my birthday!

Toy Guards: Happy Birthday, Your Majesty!

A soldier is distracted by the butterfly from earlier, before his fellow soldiers nudges him.

Toy Guard 01: Happy Birthday, Your Majesty! (stands at attention again)

The Prince looks on with a slight anger in his eyes, before calming his composure.

Red Prince: Yes, yes. A joyous occasion, thank you very much.

Blake: (whispering to Ruby) Red Prince?

Yang: The King wasn't nearly as rude, or small, or loud.

Toy Guard 02: (gasps) Well, if it hadn't been for your kind, the King would still be here!

The Toy Guards shush him. Ruby sighs and steps forward.

Ruby: (smiling and does a curtsy) Happy birthday, Your Majesty.

Little: Happy birthday!

Yang: Ugh, happy birthday...

Blake: (nervously) Happy birthday.

Weiss: Happy birthday, I guess...

Red Prince: (gasps) How do you know such privileged information?! (climbing on a soldier) You must be infiltrators! Here to steal my crown!

Weiss facepalms.

Yang: You literally just told us.

Weiss: Also, we saw advertisements for your party... everywhere.

Red Prince: SILENCE!!! You are in the presence of royalty! (a guard kisses his hand) That's me, thank you very much. (hot tempered again) The heir to the Crimson Castle!

A snot bubble appears from his nose, the guard he's standing on pops it for him.

Weiss: Ew. (to Blake) Did I used to be this unbearably pompous?

They are shoved out of the way by the soldier escorting them.

Toy Soldier 02: Your majesty! We have brought you a magnificent gift, befitting of the royal birthday! (kneels)

Toy Soldier 01: (presenting the gift wrapped in a cloth) It is very rare! The weapon of the greatest warrior to ever live!

Toy Soldier 02: Acquired by us and only us with no help at all.

Weiss: (scoffs) But we're the ones who gave it to you-- Ow! (gets shoved back by another soldier)

Toy Soldier 01: No help at all.