Chapter 60

the screen remains black as Jaune Arc's voice is heard yelling out.

Jaune: WEISS!!!

Cinder Fall is shown smirking. Jaune quickly gets up and runs past Cinder. Oscar Pine watches Jaune approach and pick up the unconscious Weiss Schnee from his position. He then looks over to the unconscious Ruby Rose. Angered, he smacks Leonardo Lionheart with The Long Memory, causing him to fall down the stairs and into Hazel Rainart, who remains unfazed as Lionheart falls to the ground. Oscar quickly runs over to Ruby, with Nora Valkyrie joining him. (Y/N) remains still in disbelief as his eyes remain a shadow. The two enemies smirk.

Oscar: Ruby, get up! Get up!! We need you!

Hazel picks up Lionheart by his collar, lifting him off the floor.

Hazel: You're lettin' that boy make a fool of you.

Lionheart: That's not just a boy! It's Ozpin. (Hazel's eyes widen when he says this) He's already reincarnated!

Hazel drops Lionheart and looks over to Oscar, who is still trying to nudge Ruby to wake her up. He then notices The Long Memory being held in the young farm boy's hand.

Hazel: Ozpin?

Suddenly, the usual calm demeanor of Hazel slowly turns infuriated. Ruby stirs for a bit.

Oscar: Ruby! You--

Hazel: OZPIN!!!!

Oscar looks up.

Ozpin: (mentally) Oh no...

Hazel: You thought you could hide from ME?!!

Hazel rips his coat off, and then grabs a pair of lightning Dust crystals from a couple of pouches on his legs.

Hazel: You'll pay for what you did! You'll die over and over again!!

He stabs the lightning Dust into his arms, with his blood vessels turning yellow and popping out from his skin as well as having some lightning coat them. His eyes glow yellow, and he lets out an intimidating roar. Oscar slowly backs away, holding his cane up cautiously.

Oscar: Do-- do we fight?

Ozpin: (afraid) No, run!

Hazel leaps forward to charge into Oscar, but Qrow Branwen gets him out of the way in time. Qrow transforms Harbinger into its scythe form while Cinder watches. Raven Branwen and Vernal walk to her sides.

Cinder: (angry) Ozpin is here?!

Raven: Is that a problem?

Cinder: I'm not sure, but right now we got the upper hand. Let's not waste it.

Lionheart is shown on his knees when Cinder's voice gets his attention.

Cinder: (offscreen) Leo! Open the path to the vault!

Lionheart gets back up and approaches the statue in the room. He takes out his pocket watch and places it in a small niche on the statue. The hands on the watch gradually spin faster and the statue lowers. Yang Xiao Long watches the situation in front of her. She looks to Jaune and Lie Ren as they tend to Weiss and then looks over to Nora who is still trying to wake Ruby up. She then looks to (Y/N) as he rushes towards to enemy 1. Nora looks to Yang.

Nora: Stop them! We've got your team covered!

Yang lingers a bit before heeding Nora's advice, but she gets kicked to the ground by Mercury Black. He is then joined by Emerald Sustrai.

Emerald: You wanna get to them? You're going to have to get through all of us.

Emerald uses her Semblance to create multiple copies of Mercury, which surround Yang. Meanwhile, Jaune uses his hands to apply pressure on Weiss' wound, while Ren holds her wrist checking her pulse.