5

The next day

Alora and Hayley were at the plantation in a room taking dusty covers off of the furniture. Hayley was coughing.

"You alright?" Elijah asked.

"Just dust" Hayley replied, "this place is ancient"

"Yes, it should serve our purposes" Elijah responded, "It's a sanctuary from our business in the quarter. Right now, she's the most important person in this family. She needs a good home"

"So I'm curious. In all this time, has anyone asked how you feel?" Elijah asked Alora.

"About having a miracle baby with a husband who doesn't seem to love me anymore?" Alora said.

"About being a mother" Elijah corrected.

"I- I lost two kids before this one, and I was prepared for those two, I don't wanna get my hopes up. So I don't really know how I feel about being a mother" Alora replied.

"I will always protect you. You have my word on that" Elijah smiled.

"I know" Alora smiled and hugged Elijah.

"And noble Elijah always keeps his word" klaus said from the doorway.

"Is it done?" Elijah asked.

"As a matter of fact, yes. Your underhanded deal worked quite well." Klaus answered, "Marcel was only too happy to accept my blood, even as he accepted my heartfelt apologies. His man Thierry yet lives, and I remain a welcome guest in the French quarter. My only concern now is this coven of impudent witches"

"I believe them to be honorable. They did release Alora to me, although they haven't been entirely forthcoming. Marcel obviously has something that they need. They don't want him dead. There must be a reason why" Elijah said.

__

Hayley was on the steps with a poker in her hand.

"Who the hell are you?" Hayley asked.

"Ahh. You must be the maid. My bags are in the car. Get them, will you?" Rebekah replied.

"Hello. Not the maid" Hayley responded.

"Right. Friends with pregnant werewitch" Rebekah remembered.

Alora came walking down the stairs, "Umm, excuse be Bex?"

"Theirs my favorite pregnant, werewitch" Rebekah stated.

"What? I'm the only pregnant werewitch you know" Alora smiled.

"I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural miracle baby bump. Guess your not showing yet" Rebekah said.

"Nope. This is Hayley" Alora introduced.

"You have your brother's manners." Hayley responded.

"And his temper, too, so watch it." Rebekah added.

"Bex" Alora said in a warning town.

"Where's Elijah?" Rebekah asked.

"Beats me, he's long gone"

"What do you mean long gone?"

"Well, one minute he was here making epic promises about protecting her and that" Hayley gestured toward Alora stomach, " he was all poetic about how we're family, and then klaus told us he bailed. Guess that's what we get for trusting a vampire"

"Elijah is not just any vampire, and he doesn't break promises, which means Niklaus has don't something dastardly and Klaus-like." Rebekah walked away, "Klaus, get out here and tell me what you've done to our brother, you narcissistic, backstabbing, wanker!"