24

In the study

Alora had just told Elijah that Jackson and Oliver hasn't come back from the trip yet.

Elijah called Klaus.

"Yes, brother? What is it?" Klaus answered.

"It appears our wolves have astray, brother" Elijah replied.

"They should've been back hours ago" Alora stated.

"We need to find them" Elijah said.

"We'll, that might be a bit tricky. You see, we've located their car on a backroad in the middle of nowhere. I suspect they've been shanghaied" Klaus responded.

"And you didn't feel the need to share this information?" Elijah questioned.

"It was my intention to present you with the problem only after I'd found an appropriate solution" Klaus added.

"Well, do enlightened us" Elijah stated.

"I'm closing in on it as we speak. The only person who would be bold enough to snatch my wolf Allies is the one who has the most to lose" Klaus informed.

"Marcel" Elijah replied.

"No. He'll kill them" Alora said.

"Genevieve assures me that Marcel has procured a cloaking spell. The only witch who will aid Marcel is Davina. I just need to get one last bit of leverage before I pay her a visit..... and there it is" Klaus hung up.

__
A few hours later

"Elijah should've called by now" Alora walked back and forth.

"Worrying isn't going to help" Genevieve walked in, "You should sit down, try to keep calm."

"What are you now? Magician-slash-zen life coach?" Alora asked.

"The treatment of pregnant women has advanced remarkably since I was a nurse, but even I know high blood pressure is bad for you and your baby, especially now that you're so close to term" Genevieve stated.

"I hate this. I feel completely useless" Alora said.

"Don't you get it? You're the point of all this" Genevieve informed, "Klaus and Elijah running all over town, it's all for you. I'm a bit envious"

"Great, that made me feel so much better" Alora spoke sarcastically.

"Is there anything I can get you?" Genevieve asked, changing the subject.

"How about a moonlight ring?" Alora replied, smiling.

"The spell can't be performed until the full moon reaches its apex, and, of course, I need the stones, which will be here soon enough" Genevieve responded.

"You're explaining that to me as if I didn't know" Alora said making a sour face, "And don't think for a second I trust you because I don't" Alora walked, away from her.

Alora walked down the hall and called Elijah.

"What's going on?" Alora asked.

"Jackson is fine" Elijah answered, "He's a little tied up right now. Could we call you back?"

"Are you trying to kill us?" Alora heard Jackson yell.

"Elijah, tell me what's going on now" Alora demanded, before hearing a blast.

__
About an hour later in the study

Alora heard the door close, she looked to see who it was.