25

Alora woke up abruptly, her senses heightened as she found herself being dragged into St. Anne's by warlocks. She struggled fiercely, desperately trying to break free. "Please, no!" she pleaded, her voice trembling as she hyperventilated.

"Get her down on the floor" Genevieve ordered the witches.

"We should take her to the city of the dead." Monique said.

"We won't make it. The babies are coming now"

"No. It's too soon!" Alora cried out, feeling a contraction.

"Apparently not." Genevieve said.

Monique grabbed her arm, "The plan was to induce her when the sacrifice was ready."

"I had to subdue her, and the trauma caused a placental abruption. So the babies are coming, and we'll just have to adapt"

Alora's panic escalated. "Let me go!" she screamed, unleashing a burst of power that sent the men flying back.

"You need to be calm, Alora," Genevieve advised, attempting to sound reassuring, though it held no comfort.

Alora's voice cracked as she asked, "Why are you doing this to me?"

"To be reborn, you must sacrifice," Monique declared.

"You want to use my babies for your crazy little harvest" Alora's voice trembled with disbelief and horror.

"The ancestors demand an offering in exchange for power" Genevieve informed.

"You and your children will be a fine offering," Monique added callously.

"No. No! You will not take my babies. I will kill all of you!" Alora yelled, her determination shining through her fear.

"No, you won't and neither will Klaus or Elijah. When your babies are born, we will offer it up to those who came before us." Monique coldly stated.

Alora shook her head, horrified at the fate they intended for her innocent babies. "I'm sorry, Alora, but this is the way it has to be," Genevieve said, trying to sound assuring, but it wasn't.

"No. No!" Alora screamed, her anguish echoing through the church. She unintentionally tapped into her magic, marking the church with her distress and desperation, her screams resounding.

__

Flashback 2 days ago

Inside the nursery, a warm glow filled the room as Alora sat in a chair, pen in hand, writing a letter to her daughters. The soft rustling of parchment caught the attention of Klaus, who stood in the doorway, a mischievous smile gracing his lips.

"Writing a love letter?" Klaus teased, his voice filled with playful curiosity. "So who's it for? Don't tell me it's me."

Alora chuckled, her eyes lifting from the paper to meet Klaus's gaze. "And the award for the biggest ego goes to..." She grinned, unable to resist a playful jab. Her hand instinctively found her growing belly, a gentle reminder of the precious lives they carried within.

Intrigued, Klaus stepped further into the nursery, his eyes scanning the room with a hint of amusement. Alora's smile widened as she met his gaze once again, a mixture of affection and excitement evident in her eyes.

"How are our littlest wolves?" Klaus inquired, his voice filled with tenderness as he approached Alora.

Alora glanced down at her stomach, a surge of anticipation washing over her. She looked back up at Klaus, her voice filled with a hopeful tone. "Do you want to...?"