21

Abattoir

Alora was in the study with, Klaus who was looking for his mothers grimoire.

"Can I help you find something?" Elijah stood in the doorway.

"Yes. In fact, I believe you can. I'm looking for a book about yay big" Klaus pulled out a book the size of the grimoire, "Filled with our mother's most powerful spells. It appears to have been misplaced"

"How very mysterious" Elijah replied.

"Indeed" Klaus agreed, "At first, I feared the witches had succeeded in their efforts to obtain it, but considering their last attempt ended with me relieving a rather large, tattooed gentleman of his hands, I began to wonder if the thief wasn't a bit closer to home. Don't make this harder than it has to be, brother"

"We'll, admittedly, I did have a theory. That your sudden interest in mother's grimoire was in some way related to whatever foolishness you've been conducting with the crescent wolves. Therefore, I took it upon myself to carefully place it where naughty, little fingers could not pry" Elijah informed.

"And here I thought you, of all people, would understand, I am simply trying to help those wolves, play Samaritan to the abused, champion to the underdog, so to speak" Klaus responded.

"How splendidly noble of you" Elijah said.

"Have you ever considered that, like you, I am trying to keep Alora safe, using our mother's magic to empower her people so they are capable of protecting her?" Klaus stated.

"Yes, unless, of course, they decide to seek retribution for decades held in exile, and Alora will find herself in the middle of an uprising, one that will only provoke further violence. You see, you risk turning New Orleans into a war zone, brother" Elijah explained.

"This needs to stop... I don't want you two being mad at each other, just because you both think you're doing what's best for me... I'm leaving... and I'm not coming back until this is over" Alora walked out of the room.

                                       __

Bayou

Alora was with Eve in a cabin. Eve was teaching Alora birth exercises.

"That's it" Eve referred to Alora Inhaling and exhaling, "Inhale and release"

"Hayley said it would be better for me to go to a hospital, so they can drug me and it wouldn't hurt as much" Alora said.

"Honey, the werewolves have been having babies out here since you were born. Stop worrying" Eve replied.

Alora sat up, "It's weird, I hardly know what it's like to have a mother, let alone be one"

"Trust me, when time comes, you'll know exactly what to do. I've seen you with the kids around here, they love you always wondering when you're coming back" Eve smiled.

She smiled, "Since the first time I was pregnant I wondered what Nik and I would be like as parents, I hope we'll be great" Alora responded, water pooling in her eyes.

"As fun as it is to imagine Klaus changing dirty diapers, I'm pretty sure that you'll be doing it all alone" Hayley joked, as she walked in.

"You are so negative" Alora went to hug Hayley.

"Only when it comes to your husband" Hayley smiled.

"Pardon the interruption" Elijah stood in the doorway, "I wonder if I might have a quick word with the conspirators of a supposed uprising"

"Hayley he's talking about you" Alora whispered.

"You will also come, Alora" Elijah said.

"No I also will not, I've been so worried about everything else I barely focus on myself, so no" Alora replied.