17

The next day

"Alora!" Elijah called out.

"Elijah. Your back. Did you find any-- thing?" Alora asked walking to where he was seeing his shirt was off, "What is happening?"

"I need you to make a list of these names. Please" Elijah stated.

"Ok" Alora walked closer to him looking at the name on him, "Sabine...? Elijah, what is this?"

"I believe they represent the names of the women Celeste inhabited for the past two centuries" Elijah replied.

"It's called a Devinette. It's old school. Kind of a riddle" Marcel handed a notepad to Alora, "Witches use them to teach their kids. Solve it and it disappears"

"I was never taught this, but why'd she do it to you?" Alora asked.

"Celeste forced me to make a choice between yourself and my siblings, and now she means to mock that choice, taunting me with a childish game. The longer the game, the more they suffer to find Klaus and Rebekah, we need to solve this riddle. The solution lies somewhere in these names" Elijah answered.

"The name next to Sabine--Annie Lafleur" Marcel pointed at Elijah's arm, "she's a witch that was shunned from her coven just over a year ago. Never knew why, but I can find out"

"Ah!" Alora semi screamed, holding her stomach.

"Are you ok?" Marcel asked, rushing to her.

"I'm fine" Alora put her hand on his shoulder and they started to glow, and Marcel groaned in pain, Alora moved her hand off of him, "Sorry"

"That was you?" Elijah asked.

"I don't know" Alora replied.

Elijah and Marcel left to go find out what happened to Annie Lafleur.

__

Alora was on the phone talking to Elijah, "She killed herself?"

"Yes. Drowned herself in the Mississippi, to be precise. Celeste had clearly got tired of the body and was ready to take Sabine's" Elijah responded.

"How do you know that?" Alora asked.

"She leapt to her death from the very location Celeste and I had our first kiss" Elijah answered.

"Poetic, I guess, in a creepy, vendetta kind of way" Alora replied.

"All these names, these lives, stolen that Celeste might take her revenge. I suppose we have no choice but to see where they take us. Alora, I have to go. I'll call you back" Elijah stated.

"Elijah, wait" Alora added.

"What is it?" Elijah asked.

"Ask marcel if he knows anything about a name on that list-- Brynne Deveraux. Sophie told Hayley that it was her family's bloodline that put the curse on the crescent wolves, but Celeste said that she was the only one that could break it. If Brynne Deveraux was actually Celeste when she cast the spell, then. Maybe Celeste can still break it" Alora explained.