19

The Next Full Moon

Alora and Hayley were at the bayou with the wolves waiting for the full moon to be over to see if the cure worked.

When the full moon past and the werewolves were all still human they all cheered.

                                     __

The Next Morning

Two boys in the pack were fake fighting, while everyone watched, Jackson walked over to where Hayley and Alora were.

"Shouldn't you be out there playing fight club with the rest of the frat boys?" Hayley asked.

"Nah. That's just for pecking order. They already know who's alpha" Jackson smiled, "Hey are you okay?"

"I'm fine, I just think I've been out here to long" Alora replied.

"You miss being with your husband?" Jackson said.

"Yes, I think it's time I go home" Alora stated.

__

The Abattoir

Alora walked into Klaus's room.

"I'm back" Alora announced.

"Crescent curse is broken then?" Klaus asked.

"Yes" Alora replied, "Hayley is at the church, talking to Elijah or at least she was about them not getting territory"

"You seem happy, even though Elijah didn't include your pack" Klaus stated.

"I'm not happy, I just haven't seen you in a month and seeing you is what's making me smile and Elijah would basically do anything for Hayley, so if she wants the wolves to have a voice he'll give them a voice" Alora explained.

"You seem to know everything today" Klaus responded.

"You sound mad and you should, because you confessed your buried love for me and I left for a month, but I was supposed to come back the next day. My friend wanted me to see if the bayou would be a good place to raise them" Alora informed.

"Hayley wanted to see if the bayou was a good place to raise our children?" Klaus repeated.

"Why would you assume it was Hayley?" Alora asked.

"Alora you have no friends here, except for Hayley" Klaus replied.

"It wasn't Hayley, Hayley wanted me to stay there so we both could get to know our family better and I heard that you be been around the Genevieve witch a lot since I've been gone" Alora said, "Your blonde friend is here, Nik"

"I'm here because of my uncle" Cami walked in, "Oh sorry, am I interrupting something?"

"No, continue because I happen to like your uncle. What wrong with him?" Alora added.

"He's deteriorating. The pills, the medication,  they're not working. His lucidity's shrinking by the day. A witch did this, a witch can undo it. You seem super tight with Genevieve. Maybe you could persuade her to help" Cami suggested.

"It won't do any good" Klaus responded, "These hexes, they start with magic, but as they take root, they alter the very chemistry of the brain. I'm sorry, Cami. The damage is done"