eighteen

Olivia's hands wrapped around Nate's neck, the two deepening the kiss between them.

As they made out, Liv's mind flashed to Fezco. She tried to imagine him, standing there kissing her instead of Nate. It was a different kind of kiss Liv's never felt before. She didn't know how to feel about it.

But she felt like she should stop.

"Nate.." Liv breathed out, pulling away from him. Their bodies were still close, and both of them were breathing heavily.

"What's wrong?" Nate asked, concerned. He was breathing just as heavily as Olivia was, and tried to look her in the eyes.

"I just..I can't."

There was a long pause, Nate trying to figure her out.

"I get it." He said, shaking his head.

He did get it. He understood what Liv was going through, having gone through it with Maddy once before.

"Do you want me to leave?" He wondered, trying to see if Liv just needed a break from everyone.

She probably did, but didn't want to.

"No. I don't trust myself to be alone." She explained.

Nate nodded his head. He didn't know why she didn't trust herself, whether she thought she would take something or drink the rest of the beer by herself. But he knew that if she asked him to stay, he would.

"I think I'm just gonna...I'm just gonna go to sleep." Olivia shook her head. She shifted away from Nate, getting her glass and putting it on the table.

"Okay." He said.

"You can, uh, sleep in the guest bedroom or the couch. I don't care. I just have to go to bed." She continued mumbling. She started walking up the staircase, leaving Nate to wonder if he did something wrong.

She looked at him one last time before fully walking up the steps. They both stopped, staring at each other until Olivia broke the moment and continued hurrying to her room.

There are 7.837 billion people in the world. And, out of all of them, Liv couldn't believe she had just kissed Nate Jacobs.

He was the last person she would expect to be in this situation with. So, when Liv got to her room, she shut the door and put her back towards it immedietly, her eyes wide in a sudden rush of panic.

She started pacing back and forth, thinking of what to do. She wouldn't be able to sleep, too much on her mind.

Eventually, Liv heard the guest bedroom door open and close. She stopped pacing and walked over to her own door, cracking it open to see the lights in the house out.

Then, Olivia walked over to her bed, sitting down for a second to gather her thoughts.

Liv needed something to calm her down. Both Olivia's thoughts and heart were going a mile a minute, wondering what Fezco would say, or what Maddy or Cassie would say if either one of them ever found out he stayed he night.

"Such a fucking dumbass." Liv mumbled to herself, wiping her face with her hands.

She decided she didn't want to be in the same house as Nate. But, instead of walking to the spare bedroom and telling Nate she was uncomfortable, Olivia decided to go for a drive.

She knew deep down what she was really leaving the house for. Fezco wasn't there to stop her, and Nate was probably sound asleep the next room over.

Liv carefully snuck out of the house and climbed into her jeep, driving away quickly. She had to clear her mind, anxiety filling her head with thoughts she wanted to shut off.

She found herself outside of Fez and Ash's store. Liv didn't want to deal with the consequences to her actions, good or bad. That was future Olivia's problem.

Instead, all Liv wanted to deal with right now was figuring out how to get past the front lock. She slammed her whole body against the door a couple of times, but her weight wasn't enough.

Eventually, she found and old beer bottle in the back of her jeep. She picked it up, figuring it was the best thing she had on her.

Liv slammed the bottle against the lock, a shred of glass cutting open her hand. She slammed her body against the door one last time it eventually opening, causing her to fall on the other side of the floor.

Liv winced in pain, but got up nonetheless and walked over to the hidden room behind the refrigerators.

When she did, she looked around and saw a bunch of pills and powders she'd never seen before. On the small fold away table in the middle of the room covered with newspaper, Liv saw a bunch of perscription bottles. She looked at three zip lock bags with yellow, blue and orange rubber bands wrapped around them, white pills stacked on the inside.

Just as Liv was about to put all three ziplocks in her pocket, she saw another even smaller ziplock next to it. Inside where two medium sized white pills with a snowflake implanted on each of them.

She picked them up and put them towards the light, examining the pills before shrugging and shoving them into her pocket. Then, Liv left the room.

Just as she was about to leave the store, she looked up and saw a security camera facing right towards her. She stopped, thinking about what she was doing.

Instead of thinking too much, though, Liv pulled up her hood and left for her jeep, not bothering to do anything about the broken glass and lock at the front of the store.