twenty one

Olivia's body was thrown up into the air, her cheering and waving at the crowd around her. Then, she jumped down, high giving the two guys that had just lifted her up. They all had cheerleading uniforms on, "DUKE" being read on the front of the tight blue shirts.

She was at a college football game. Her skin was tan and her hair was light. She smiled with her friends and watched the game with anticipation, holding blue and white poms in her hand.

She looked happy.

The crowd broke out in cheers as a player won the game with a final touchdown, the other players picking him up in the air. The cheerleaders threw their hands up and joined them in the middle of the field, celebrating their win.

As everyone cheered, Olivia stopped, her attention being pulled to the stands. There, a familiar blonde hair blue eyed face stared back at her, both of them becoming still.

"Jules?" Olivia asked to herself, squinting and making sure she was seeing right. Her eyes suddenly became wide, Jules pulling a gun out from under her seat.

At first, Liv thought she was aiming at her. Then, she turned around and saw the player everyone was holding up was Nate Jacobs. There he sat as they held him up, savoring the cheers and the feeling of winning.

"Get out of the way!" Olivia warned, cupping her hands around her neck. Jules cocked the gun.

"Nate! Everyone, get out of the fucking way!" She continued to yell.

No one, even the people next to her, acknowledged Olivia's warnings.

Eventually, the sound of a gun shot was heard. Nate quickly fell to the ground, his body going limp. Everyone screamed, but no one's was as loud as Liv's.

She turned around, staying in the field as people scattered. Jules stood there and watched, people around her scattering as well.

Just then, Liv sat up. She was breathing heavily and felt arms around her.

"What's wrong?" Fezco asked.

Olivia took a second to look at her surroundings before answering. Her and Fez were in her living room, a blanket over them as they laid on the couch. Shameless looked like it was playing on the tv, but was paused.

"I'm fine. I just..had a weird dream." She said, touching her forehead and trying to calm down. She looked at Fezco. He had a black hoodie on and gray sweatpants, her having on sweatpants as well and a tank top.

"You good?" Fez tried to make sure, pulling her close to him. She nodded her head, it falling onto his chest as she threw a leg over his body.

"Mhm." She looked up at him as he looked down at her, making sure she was comfortable.

After having a dream like that, she was glad Fez was the one to be there for comfort her. She smiled slightly at the thought and kissed him.

"Where's Ashtray?" Liv asked once they pulled apart. Fezco moved a piece of hair out of her face, looking down at her. Their bodies were pressed together close, the only light in the house coming from the tv.

"Upstairs." He said, not looking away from her.

Liv continued to rest her head on his chest, deep in thought.

"I think we should get out of here sooner than we planned." She said, thinking out loud. Fez furrowed his eyebrows.

"What about all that shit with Rue?" He asked. He knew it was something Liv was trying to fix, even though he threatened Nate to stay away from her.

"Honestly...it's none of my business." She admitted.

The truth was, Olivia felt defeated with Rue. She didn't know how else she could help her. She had done everything, but no matter what, it seemed like drugs would always come before her.

She couldn't save Rue. Rue didn't want to even save herself.

"I don't want to deal with any of it anymore. None of the bullshit in this town. I don't know how much longer I'm gonna last." Liv continued. She thought about the Nate, Maddy and Cassie drama, and the Jules, Elliot, Rue drama, and the Liv, Lexi and Fez drama. It was all too much for her to keep up with.

"Then where we gonna go? Because I got a few ideas in mind, and one of thems the bed that's a few feet away." Fez smirked, bringing up how he wanted to go to Liv's bedroom. She let out a laugh and put a hand on his neck, giving him a peck.

"We have a vacation home in the Bahamas. But I've always wanted to go to Italy." Liv explained. She put her head back on Fez's chest, and he rested his on hers.

"Yeah?"

"Mhm. We can buy a cute little house in Crema. Somewhere we never have to interact with anyone from East Highland again."

Fezco looked down at her. Growing up, he always thought Olivia would be the one to settle here. He imagined their lives apart, him in a jail cell and her being married and taking her kids to things like dance recitals and soccer practices.

He never imagined having a girl like her, in his arms, talking about their future and the rest of their lives together. For that, he was thankful. He wanted to give her the world.

Even if that meant he would have to learn Italian.

"I love you." Fez whispered. Olivia looked up at him, seeing a new look in his eyes she had only seen a few times before.

"I love you too, Fez." She said.

They kissed each other again.

Olivia started leaning more into him, before pounding was heard at the door. Her heart dropped to her stomach as a SWAT team rummaged through the house, swinging the door open.

Fez stood up immediately, yelling as the cops yelled back at him. Olivia huddled up in the corner of the couch, witnessing the scene as Fezco was tackled to the ground.

"Ma'am, back away! This is a highly dangerous individual!" A cop yelled.

"She's got nothing to do with this, bro! She has no fucking idea!" Fezco yelled, trying to look at Olivia with his face on the floor.

She felt like time was going in slow motion as she was lifted off of the couch, police wrapping her in a blanket and pulling her outside away from the scene. She tried to fight them when she saw several cops run upstairs to the bedrooms where Ashtray was sleeping.

When she was ushered outside, red and blue lights blinded her face. She watched with teared stained cheeks as Fez and Ash were thrown into a SWAT van, police trying to pull her together.

"Olivia Jackson? Everything is going to be okay. We understand you had nothing to do with this. We already spoke with your father on the phone. You're boyfriend committed a very serious crime against several of our officers. We're gonna need you to cooperate and come with us for questioning." A female officer informed, putting a hand on Olivia's elbow.

She didn't listen. Instead, she slowly watched as the cars carrying Fezco and Ashtray pulled out of her driveway, two cop cars following it.