twenty five

It was nine p.m. when Ashtray went upstairs after dinner. They decided to go out to an expensive restaurant to celebrate Fez and Ash being free.

Liv put on a smile, but she was counting down the hours until they could talk. She had stuff she wanted to say, and she knew Fezco did, too.

She figured wine would help them both get everything off of their chest.

"Ill be right back." Liv mumbled, kissing Fezco and standing up off the couch. He smiled, and she went for the kitchen to pour them two glasses of wine. As she did, she looked out back and saw the pool they rarely went in.

"Babe!" Liv yelled. Fez looked in her direction from the couch.

"Yeah?"

"Come outside! It's nice out."

Olivia made her way out of the kitchen and to the back sliding door, opening it carefully with both glasses in her hand. Fezco quickly came up behind Liv to help her, taking a glass from her hand.

They made their way outside and put the glasses on a table by the tanning chairs, the calm pool reflecting the light of the moon. Fezco looked out and saw a pack of rolling papers and some weed he left on the table in an ashtray.

"Shit." He mumbled to himself, starting to roll a blunt. Both him and Olivia sat on tanning chairs next to each other, slightly laying down.

Liv sipped her wine.

"Um..what did you want to talk about? It's been killing me." She spoke up. Fezco looked at her, lighting the blunt with a lighter from his pocket.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you anxious."

Liv shook her head.

"I know. But you're not breaking up with me, right? Because I was thinking all night about all the things you might want to talk about, and..."

"No, Liv. Im not breaking up with you. I don't want to go through shit like that ever again." He said. He inhaled and breathed out, breaking the smoke away from Olivia's face. He knew the smell could sometimes get to her.

"What is it, then?" She asked.

Fezco took another hit.

"I was thinking a lot in there. And I don't want my actions to ever put a setback in your life. You already dropped out of highschool for me."

"I didn't drop out. I graduated early. I have my diploma." Liv mentioned. Fezco shook his head.

"Still. You're making so many sacrifices."

Olivia took another sip of her wine, leaning into her chair.

"So, what are you saying?" She asked.

"I think you should really consider going to college before you definitely decide not to. Maybe you can talk to your principal. I made the decision to drop out of highschool and not go to college because I thought I had everything figured out. I don't want you to make my same mistakes."

Olivia thought long and hard about what Fezco was saying. She was surprised. After her talk with Maddy, college was something she wanted to do, but didn't think she would ever get the chance to consider. Now, here Fezco was, the only thing holding her back, giving her the green light.