twenty nine

As the night went on, Olivia continued to celebrate and party. When she went to the kitchen to get another drink, however, she saw someone she didn't expect to.

Elliot stood there, mixing together a little bit from each bottle of alcohol that was there into one solo cup. He didn't notice Olivia until he went to pick up another one, seeing her standing there watching him.

There was no one else in the kitchen besides them.

"Hey, Liv. Uh..long time no see." He said. Olivia nodded, grabbing a bottle near him.

"Hi."

They both filled their drinks, awkward silence forming around them like fog. The last time they spoke, him, Jules, Rue and Liv were all playing truth or dare.

Then Jules told Leslie about a bunch of drugs and Rue overdosed again.

"How have you been?" Elliot asked, sipping his cup and trying to break the silence. Liv nodded.

"Good. You?"

"Okay."

She looked over, seeing his ears red and a slight sweat on his skin.

She had the idea he was high.

"Look, Liv...I know we haven't talked in a while. And I know that's probably because of everything happened with Rue and Jules, but I don't want that to make things weird between us." He ranted. Olivia chuckled.

"I don't think things are weird. I don't hold anything against you or anything." She explained.

He knew she was talking about the overdose. Elliot nodded his head, thinking.

"Good. I don't want you to."

They looked at each other for a second, Elliot's eyes slightly bloodshot. She looked down at the drink, then back up.

"Uh, where is Jules? Is she here?" She asked. Elliot pointed.

"Last I saw her she was out front. Why? Do you want to talk to her?" He wondered. Olivia gave a disgusted face, leaning on the counter.

"No. I really don't want to talk to that bitch after that shit she pulled with Rue." She said.

Even though Liv was mad at Rue, she was still mad at Jules, too and didn't like the girl.

Elliot raised his eyebrows at the sudden mood change, his lips in a thin line.

"Gotcha."

A couple other people walked into the kitchen, making more noise in the room and the tension fade. Elliot stood there at the counter, continuing to sip from his cup. Olivia picked hers up, ready to leave.

"Hey.." Elliot called after her before she walked away. Liv stopped and looked.

"I'm glad I caught you." He said. Liv smiled, nodding her head.

"Me too."

She left the kitchen, Elliot looking her up and down as she walked away.