Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Just as fast as videos are uploaded to YouTube and other social media platforms, they are removed. Clarke and Tracy catch one before it's removed from Facebook. They're glad to have skipped the invite as they discuss it inside Butcher's Diner at lunch.

"Good lord! How stupid do you have to be to realize that something like that isn't the smartest idea?" Tracy says, putting her phone down.

Before Clarke can reply, their server approaches with puffy eyes, "I'm not sure, but I bet they're feeling the effects of being taken down with pepper spray."

Clearing her throat, the server shares her snotty opinion, unaware of Tracy's assault, "That no party at the lake rule is stupid. We were making a point that it's safe! I mean, one girl goes viral, and one gets raped by some douchebag, and it ruins everything for all of us."

Immediately leaving the seat, Tracy becomes irate, "Look, Daisy, I never asked to be sexually assaulted or that Johnathon got killed when he blabbed about it all over Facebook Live. I'm happy the parties are done with at the lake. The video Johnathon uploaded got me in trouble, then he used it to drag me out to attack and violate me wasn't on my wish list of life events."

Afraid that Tracy will swing on the curvy dark redhead covered with facial freckles that hide her slightly swollen green eyes, Daisy takes a step back, "My bad!"

Clarke drops a five-dollar bill on the table, "Let's get out of here and go somewhere else. How's driving to Waco sound?"

"Fucking fine by me! Get bent, you home-wrecking hussy! It's no wonder why this shit of shit diner stays empty nowadays!" Tracy shouts, referring to the rumor about Daisy secretly sleeping with the restaurant owner.

Once they're out the door, Daisy places a hand on her small, perky B-cup breasts. The owner walks out from the back, placing his hands on her shoulders, whispering, "Are you okay, love bear?"

Lifting her hand from her side, Daisy rests it over her lover.

"Yes, Thomas. I had no idea, though, that it was Tracy that caused everything to happen," she stops, thinking about what Tracy said, "How did she know about us seeing each other?"

"You know this town. Nothing stays quiet for long, but it's still only a rumor. It's no one's business that we're in love until you graduate."

Together in the Solstice, Tracy drops the black cloth convertible top. Under sunny skies, she starts her car, but something in her mind continues to scream at her.

"Clarke," she begins, huffing, "I'm done hiding us. If we want to be together, then it's time to stop the charade."

"I'm fine with that. Our families know we're dating, so why hide it from everyone else?" Clarke suggests.

In a quick motion, Tracy picks up her purse, taking out her red iPhone. Clarke tries to peek over to see what she's doing, but his phone buzzes before he looks at the screen. Tracy closes the screen, dropping the phone in her lap, "There!"

Puzzled at what she's done, Clarke unlocks his phone to see two Facebook notifications. Tapping on the top option, he sees the first thing she did, changing her relationship status from single to in a relationship tagging Clarke.

"I guess it's public now," he states as he clicks on the other notification, "Real quickly y'all. I just want to say I'm with the GREATEST GUY in the world. That's Clarke Harbor, and if anyone thinks they can steal him from me, then you're 'bout to get a real ass whoppin' bitches!" Clarke reads aloud.

"That's for damn sure. Now, this small world knows we belong to each other. So, if you don't love me, then too bad now, sweetness, because any other female even looks at you funny Ima beat that ass."